Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well with my HPA build in the half way done, and my other projects on hold for now. I am needing something else to do. As I do work better when I have more than one thing going so I don't get burnt out on one project.

So I have a rifle on order from airsoftgi, that I am going to try and squeeze every last bit of accuracy out of the rifle.

The rifle I am starting out with is an Echo1 ASR. I chose this rifle, as I haven't seen any of these out on my local field. And the fact that it is a unique looking rifle.

I have a madbull 6.03 inner barrel coming with it as well. So that is the first thing that I will get for the rifle.

I plan on making a custom piston, spring guide. As well as a custom barrel spacer. And a few other fun things for her as well.

Yes this rifle will get a paintjob..... but not the normal camo. I am planning right now to try and make a blue and green marble paint job for the stock.... as well as removing the paint from the barrel and receiver and polish them both to an extremely high shine.

I will get pics up and everything like that as the project progresses. And as always any ideas or suggestions would be great. I would love to get a PRS stock as well as an M16 sniper pistol grip.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
*UPDATE*

Well I will be getting the rifle here on monday. I will get into her and see what I can't do. I am hoping this will last me a while, so I don't need to get anything else.

But like everyone I know has already said....... as soon as I am done with it I may sell it and try another project.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I would skip on the mirror finish on the receiver and barrel and go for a satin or ''brushed'' looked. Looks just as cool, and it is much easier to maintain.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nah..... I want this thing to blind people ;)

That and I am going to have my mom sew me a cloth bag for the barrel ;) Going to slide over it like a sock.... or I may even use a sock to cover the shiney goodness.

·
Administrator
6,194 Posts
I agree with Woogie polished receivers and barrels looks amazing...
Here's a KJ 10/22..

This gun... (unfortunately) it's not mine.

I was stunned when I saw it!! Never thought of anything like this before!
Woogie I'd suggest a fancy stock like this one maybe in red/black(evil) color!

Wolf

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I received the rifle last night.

Over all it isn't that bad of a rifle in its stock form. The one major gripe that I do have is the trigger weight! This thing is going to need some work to make it nice and crisp.

But I should be able to do some small things here in the next day or so, and then next week I will really take off and make her sparkle.

*Edit* 05OCT2011

Well I have the rifle apart..... I installed my madbull inner barrel, had to bore out end cap for the little bit that peeks through the end. I also made a rig so I could turn the outer barrel on my lathe. It wasn't a great looking thing, but it did work. Was able to get the barrel to a matte finish as of right now. A little more work and I should be able to get it to a nice mirror finish.

I also have a few ideas for a tube style target butt stock. I have a few ideas to attach the new stock. I plan on having an adjustable cheek rest, and possibly an adjustable butt pad.

I have some aluminum set aside that I am going to turn a new piston for the cylinder, as well as polish the cylinder nozzle as well. A few barrel spacers and this rifle should be ready for some pics.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I have had the rifle for a little bit now and I am fairly pleased with it.

The only thing that I don't really like about it is the heavy trigger pull! It is like trying to move a brick with your finger. But I can work through it, and am still able to get some fairly decent shots.

I have the rifle apart right now drying from the paint. So here in a few hours I should be able to have some pics up for you guys.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Nice work on the ASR Woogie!

This was my first BASR, so it has a special place in my gun bag

In the gallery thread for mine there was talk about the trigger box and I posted pictures of the inside:
http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/phpBB/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=1186&start=0#12838

It is a really hard pull, especially with my 210 spring. One thing I would look out for is the bolt handle. I have since stopped using mine because the 210 was way too strong, and now the bolt handle is loose/bent.

The main problem as pertaining to accuracy in my experience was dealing with the hop up. Are you planning to use the stock one or get an aftermarket L96 hop up unit?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I honestly just used the stock unit. The main thing that I did was played around with arm in the chamber.

Am trying to just have fun with the rifle and not spend to much on it.

Though I can see myself turning this into one of my short barreled rifles as well. Thanks for the link man, I may have to play with it a little and see what I can't come up with.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I got pretty good results with the stock unit just by shimming the arm on it. I would also look into fixing the nub to the hop arm and possibly making a nub out of metal. Those 2 DIY mods provided the best results in mine.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I did a little tweaking with the trigger mech tonight.

I found a spare "torque" style bolt.... and I found the proper sized drill bit, and drilled a hole in the back of the trigger. Now I can adjust the length of pull on the trigger itself. Though the weight on the trigger is still fairly heavy, the length that you have to pull it is darn near next to nothing

Best of all it took me maybe 15 min to do

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I haven't done anything more to it really.

With the trigger mod that I did, and then the few hop up mods that I did...... I am able to hit Excedrin bottles at a distance. So I am happy with it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.