Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went through the steps stripping my m24 down and I really would like to do the mod to put a fake mag in the correct location for the m24. See below picture.

Does anyone have a tutorial for that?

If not I can probably wing it easily after I figure out what mag fits in that magwell.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks doable. I found a surplus steel g3 mag online for like 4 bucks. Even if it comes with rust on it I will be able to sandblast it all out.
I kind of hope Dutton finds this thread since it was his m24 to begin with.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
I used a TM G3 mag. You're going to need to remove all the internals, dremmel the mag to fit, remove the faux mag door, and tweek it to fit. Not very time consuming if you've got a dremmel, otherwise it's a pain in the butt. The easiest way to remove the door is to just dremmel the pins out of both sides of it.

I used to have more specific instructions, I'll have to see if I can find them for you.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you grab the length and width measurements off the magazine as well? I'm curious to see how close it is to the RS counterpart. As I would much prefer the blued steel RS magazine for $4 to paying $20+ for a aluminum airsoft g3 mag.

Also, how did you secure the mag so it stays inside the mag well? I would just assume you glued it into place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.