Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
metallicafatcat said:
Fall Lax and Learn to skate classes...
Next Gretzky right here ;)

Going to attempt to play bootball freshman year, so lifting with the them tomorrow morning. (any pointers so I don't embarrass myself?
) Going to cardio my ass off until hockey starts.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mgunner said:
metallicafatcat said:
Fall Lax and Learn to skate classes...
Next Gretzky right here ;)

Going to attempt to play bootball freshman year, so lifting with the them tomorrow morning. (any pointers so I don't embarrass myself?
) Going to cardio my ass off until hockey starts.
Do not go for weight. Reps my main man. Also, make sure you had proper form. When you go to play, I highly suggest you research on your positions. If you have any questions about the sport in general, I can help you out!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Today at 8:36pm, Mgunner wrote:
Today at 5:54pm, metallicafatcat wrote:Fall Lax and Learn to skate classes...

Next Gretzky right here

Going to attempt to play bootball freshman year, so lifting with the them tomorrow morning. (any pointers so I don't embarrass myself? ) Going to cardio my ass off until hockey starts.

Do not go for weight. Reps my main man. Also, make sure you had proper form. When you go to play, I highly suggest you research on your positions. If you have any questions about the sport in general, I can help you out
EXPLODE
when you lift and get ANGRY but don't screw up your technique. Drink lots of whole milk it'll do wonders for building mass. Also if the people at your school listen to Lady Gaga while lifting, like mine, get some loud heavy metal, MANOWAR is my favorite and bring your Ipod if your allowed. Just my $.02 :)

·
Registered
571 Posts
When you do your push reps, exhale. Focus your breathing, my Moms BF passed out three times in HS on the bench sue to holding his breath. Also, if this is your first time, you will be the weakest, but don't worry about it. Continued go for two second reps, one up, one down.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Just got back, did pretty good. Heres what i did for shits and giggles:

On the bench of did 2 sets of 25 reps with an Olympic bar (45 pounds.... I think...)

Curled 25 times with an unknown weight (wasn't very heavy I think it was around 20, on a bar)

Held two 10 pound weights straight out for 20 seconds. Did cardio for the remaining time.

Also, saw a junior bench 275, three times. More than his own body weight.......

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just got back, did pretty good. Heres what i did for shits and giggles:

On the bench of did 2 sets of 25 reps with an Olympic bar (45 pounds.... I think...)

Curled 25 times with an unknown weight (wasn't very heavy I think it was around 20, on a bar)

Held two 10 pound weights straight out for 20 seconds. Did cardio for the remaining time.

Also, saw a junior bench 275, three times. More than his own body weight.......
If your wanting to lift for football I'd up the weight and do like 3sets of 10 or 8 reps for bench. And the bar is more than likely 45. ;)

Curls, I personally find are useless biceps are for looks, work on your lats.

If your gonna hold weight up do it a few sets or just do Arnold presses, they both work the shoulders but football you won't be picking people up and holding them over a ledge so.....\

After not to long if you work hard you'll be lifting more than your body weight. I'm only 130 ilbs but can bench 195.

Also do some squats, dead lift and power cleans. Heavy weight lifts= More testosterone= strength. Ask the older guys/strength coach for advice and more than likely they'll help.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mgunner said:
I took it easy for today, mainly because I knew no matter what I did I wont be able to move tomorrow. Ill up the weight tomorrow, would 20lbs be good?
Any increase is nice, but try to find a weight that is moderate for 2X5 but strenuous for a third set, maybe even failing on the final 1X5.

In case you don't know what "2X5" is, here's a quick explanation. The first number is the amount of sets you are doing. The second is the amount of repetitions, or reps. So two sets of five reps would be ten total reps.

·
Registered
94 Posts
took it easy for today, mainly because I knew no matter what I did I wont be able to move tomorrow. Ill up the weight tomorrow, would 20lbs be good?

Any increase is nice, but try to find a weight that is moderate for 2X5 but strenuous for a third set, maybe even failing on the final 1X5.

In case you don't know what "2X5" is, here's a quick explanation. The first number is the amount of sets you are doing. The second is the amount of repetitions, or reps. So two sets of five reps would be ten total reps.
Don't worry about the soreness, just stretch in the morning and before you lift. I actually miss getting really sore I thought it felt good lifting while being sore. :)

And for the weight just do as much as you can for the sets and reps your doing, like roguewolf said moderate for the first 2 sets and hard for the third. If you can barely get the last rep done, you did well.

I'd like to recommend a book to you, it's Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength. It goes over technique and scientifically explains why it works, and other stuff such as why machines suck and free-weight works.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.