Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Figured you guys would like to see the family photo.

From top to bottom... CA M14 EBR, UTG MK96, JG Bar-10, M324 (first rifle I got), UTG tri-shot, KJ M9 elite.

The only one that I have anything going on in it as of now is the Bar10. I did switch out the PDI 330 spring for a PDI 130 and have an AK size barrel in it now. Did some porting to the inner barrel and wrapped some scotch pad around it to see how it sounds. And wow quiet! But i am sure that I will be able to make it a bit more quiet.

Still waiting on optics for the two rifles. Planning on getting an Eotech for the MK96 and an Aimpoint for the bar10. But I was told I can't buy anything until after Xmas :(

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah chopped barrels on them all .... And the grips on the M9 are stock ;) I did that while I painted the pistol itself. Just spray painted them brown and wiped some of the paint off to get it like that.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I love them all.. But I forgot to order a battery for the rifle so I haven't shot it much honestly. Planing on getting a lipo for it here really soon.

I am honestly really surprised about the accuracy out of such a short barrel.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
woogie said:
I am honestly really surprised about the accuracy out of such a short barrel.
I realy could bore you to tears with all the physics and maths of it all, but suffice to say medium length barrel in an AEG + reasonable horse power + heavy ammo = HAPPY DAYS

Sometimes the longer, tighter, deeper, harder, faster, more brigade are just plain wrong ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts

that many rifles is completely uncalled for! absurd and you shouldn't be allowed
to own that many!

I'll take two of them off your hands immediately. PM me for my address ;)

how's that UTG Mk96 working with the shorter barrel? you chop the barrels yourself?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I chopped the barrels myself... That why I love my metal lathe:D

It shoots great! I am in the process of making the bar10 even more silent. Ported a spare barrel I had and have foam around the inner barrel. Along with the PDI 130 spring, and some heat shrink around it. The think makes a small thud when fired. Now working on making a supressor for it to make her damn near silent.

Now all I need is to get a gas rifle....... The MK96 was a gift from a few friends... the thing is rock solid and very nice. I suppose I could put up a review if wanted.

I can trade you one of them explosive. ;)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Nice looking family you have there, Woogie. I especially like the EBR, how is the weight distribution on the CA? I love how the G&P kits feel but the Echo1 and other clone EBR's are completely front heavy. Is there any chance I could send you my barrel for some lathe work?

·
Registered
118 Posts
woogie said:
Yeah I chopped the barrels myself... That why I love my metal lathe:D

It shoots great! I am in the process of making the bar10 even more silent. Ported a spare barrel I had and have foam around the inner barrel. Along with the PDI 130 spring, and some heat shrink around it. The think makes a small thud when fired. Now working on making a supressor for it to make her damn near silent.

Now all I need is to get a gas rifle....... The MK96 was a gift from a few friends... the thing is rock solid and very nice. I suppose I could put up a review if wanted.

I can trade you one of them explosive. ;)
Man, we think alike! foam filled barrels, ported barrels etc etc.

Ah, KJW M700 is SOLD! w4rlock is the new proud owner.
he's amazed at how silent it is...maybe he'll add something about his new rifle.

I might, maybe pick up a UTG Mk96 down the road.
Lately I haven't been using a bolty...reason for selling the KJW - wasn't getting used.

Though liking the idea of an inexpensive UTG I can hack the barrel and modify on
with out dumping a thousand into it.

Embed said:
Is there any chance I could send you my barrel for some lathe work?
my thoughts exactly...woogie, I may need to discuss a couple things with you

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What kind of lathe work are we talking?

It is kind of front heavy .. but nothing to bad.

Send the PM's away...
will be more than happy to help you guys out.. so lets talk

***EDIT***

Ok guys... I am wanting to make the bar10 as small as possible :) I am looking for a cheap "hog nose" adapter for an M4 so I can put a side fold stock on her.

There was a site that I was looking at alot a while ago but I can't find it... It sold alot of cheap airsoft stuff.... and I do remember that you could get the magpul PRS stock for like $60.. Any ideas?

Yeah I saw that explosive.... waited to long on her.... I did take my rifle over to a friends house who has a g-spec... And my rifle is shorter and just as accurate
I do have an EdGi barrel but I am a little nervous to cut it down

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.