Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people,

I had my first day on Saturday and in all honesty it was a bit of a disaster. Going again next month, it can only get better...

The biggest problem I had was goggles fogging up. I literally couldn't see more than 10 feet most of the time. I was prepared too, I had anti fog goggles, and an anti fog spray that was well reviewed. Made no difference at all. I tried some mesh goggles but they were too low profile to fit over my glasses. A friend has recommended I buy goggles with built in goggles. Do people use them, and do they work?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Worth every penny. I did mine cheap with a battery pack and computer fans from amazon. To clear glasses I run Guard Dog goggles.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've the FMA mod 2 goggles and they work perfectly. They barely fog and if they do, the fog is gone in a few seconds with the fan on. Battery life is pretty good and the fans are super silent, you barely notice anything with the fan on the highest setting.

·
Registered
76 Posts
YES. "Anti-fog" sprays and such just don't work.

I bought some cheap fan goggles that could fit over my glasses, and yeah, what a difference it was being able to see.

More recently, I invested in these: RX-PDX Extreme Prescription Safety Goggle - Rx Safety because of the nice low profile and inserts. THey're always having a 25% or 30% off sale (so even with the inserts, etc, they'll run $30 to $40). The only downside: no fan.

But I invested in an ExFog, which should do the trick... I'm hoping it'll do the trick.. lol I'll be testing that setup on Wednesday and happy to report back.

·
Super Moderator
3,747 Posts
The set of FMA goggles i got were funky electrically. I also suspect they were not actually FMA as they looked off from those.

I do have an Ex-Fog and it works on basically everything I have tried. Mando and trooper helmets too. (Not sayin I have a mando helmet and a customized shore trooper helmet, but I have those... I'm a nerd leave me alone.)

·
Registered
239 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes those are the one I have, I don't know about the other FMA models with the fan. There's also one with a fan on the side instead of the center but the model I have works perfectly for me. One thing I have done is pulled the foam out from the side which improves the air flow a lot and makes it fog less.

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
It is always best to have the fan at the top of the goggles. Heat goes up and so does our perspiration. So having a fan at the top helps this process.
Also, if you have a fan in the centre of the goggles like in BlindSnipers video, it will restrict your field of view and also get in the way of looking down your sights (Sorry BlindSniper)

·
Registered
644 Posts
No offense taken, but when the mask is on you can’t even see the fan! Also the port of the fan you can aim up down left or right. On one of my masks I have it aiming down and it pushes air down each side of the curves where the goggles go over your nose. If that makes sense, really helps circulate. I also have the exit facing up on another mask and I think since it pulls air in the front it also helps fog disperse!

for some home made junk I love mine, I will never play without a mask fan!! BUT if o were to buy goggles already equipped with a fan, I’d 10/10 get those FMA!!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
100% yes. I've been running ESS Turbofans for the last 8 years. Somewhat bulky, but definitely worth every penny. There's been games where I was literally the only dude on the field whose goggles weren't foggy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I purchased ESS turbos but the fan was loud and just... solidly meh; it only mostly defogged me with my RX inserts. The wire was also breaking somewhere inside the strap and giving me intermittent connectivity; which was really annoying.

So... a bit of CAD and 3D printing, 4 micro fans, a 2x AA housing (waterproof with push button switch), and a 3v voltage regulator later... Presenting the ESS Ultrafans.

I've had fogging issues exactly once since building these... and that's because the wire broke off the regulator mid game (doh). Fixed and reinforced with no issues or fog since. 😁

·
Super Moderator
3,747 Posts
You still have the files and list of parts for that @Pretzel

·
Registered
39 Posts
I did use an exfog. its a fan that is connected by tubes to the goggles, because I dont have experience with wires and eletricity.

I sewed the exfog, some fullseal goggles, a boonie and a mesh face protection together. Now I have a kinda "helmet" that protect my entire head and if the goggles fog up I activate the exfog and its clear again.

It is more expensive, than to a selfmade solution, but definitely worth.

Especially if you consider, that your gun becomes kinda useless when your goggles are fogging.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Exfog is also amazing. I had that but when I started recording it was too much on my hat along with a power bank so I ditched it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts