Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

Registered
You still have the files and list of parts for that @Pretzel
Honestly it needs a redesign to fit properly, as is it's uh, definitely forced in place by the power of screw tension currently. Got the arc of the goggles wrong but it was close enough that I couldn't be arsed to do a revision! 馃槀

For parts I used:
4x F16EA-03LLC /E Nidec Copal Electronics | Fans, Thermal Management | DigiKey
1x 2438 Keystone Electronics | Battery Products | DigiKey
1x https://www.pololu.com/product/2563
As well as some wire, JST connector, and a little printed regulator housing glued onto the battery box.

...And then of course the insane fan mount. Which is really the rug that brings the room together.

I can toss up the files on thingiverse with the caveat that it does work, but it's not nice about it, or I may just redesign so it's s drop fit. not sure.

Registered
I'm really happy to see all these positive comments regarding exfog. I've chatted with the owner a few times and he seems like a genuinely nice person.

Also, I got immersed in wor the past couple days and haven't had the chance to test them out in my goggles. So I'm a little nervous going into a game on Saturday with an untested system. I should drag all that stuff out of my footlocker and try it tomorrow before I leave. lol

Super Moderator
The few guys on the team that have them seem to quite like them, I just prefer the system being goggle mounted cause less "stuff" to deal with.
I get that. On mine i have multiple adapters and tubes attached to my goggles and such. The main unit is attached to my vest.

Registered
I run an ExFog on multiple eyepro setups. While it worked fine out of the box, I felt the plastic tube used for air distribution could use some refinement. Ended up designing/printing a diffuser that snaps in to the top vent ports of a Revision goggle. I don't even have to remove the stock foam, just add a small slit. The side above the goggle has a barb to press the stock ExFog tube over and the inside diffuser is 1mm x 18mm, centered over the eye. Even in the high summer humidity of the US south, my goggles never fog now.

I've handed out quite a few sets locally and, last I checked, all are still in use.

Registered
Ended up designing/printing a diffuser
I've been thinking about doing something similar. My stock exfog worked flawlessly yesterday, but just sticking the tubes between the seal and my face was a bit awkward.. I'd like to make something that spreads our the airflow a little more, and better stabilizes the tubes to the goggles.

Registered
On my first try I attached the tubes above the goggle and made small holes in it, so the air is distributed over the whole goggles, but it did'nt work. I chatted with the owner of exfog and he said, that the cold fresh air from the top collides the warm / humid air. The hot air is moving upwards. I had to attach the tubes on the side and never had a fogging issue again.

Last game (very wet) I played most of the game with the exfog shut down and when I had a small amount of fog, the lowest power setting kept the goggles clear.

A well designed diffuser might do it better, but the hot/humid air needs to leave to goggle and naturally exits through the top. So we would need a diffuser, that is connected to the bottom of the goggles or that diffuses the airflow on the sides.

Has anyone managed to get the exfog to be even more quiet? Its not annoying, but sometimes I hear the noise.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts