Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ghuillie Suits, are very effective for snipers who like to stay still and hunt... Unless your Raptor, Oxide Snipers are required to be fast moving, fast acting and have to be effective at covering Oxide Bravo.

In Urban Ops, the ghuillie suit is effectively useless, and taking multiple shots from a building, with Bravo on the ground swinging to take the fight to the tangos Able Team has to use the fire and manuever tactic or seal off the entrance with mines or cover with the team security. Oxide's Solution: BDU Solid Black or ACU Subdued Urban for hiding in corners. and let's face it, ghuillie suits in an urban area, will "stick out like bollocks on a bulldog". The science behind urban sniping lies in building security, shadows, and not getting the pointing your scope in the same direction as the sun. And Yes, moving from building to building to gain vantage points is always going to happen. The role of the sniper is always ever changing depending on the environmet

In Tree Coverred Areas such as the Boreal Forests in Alberta, Ghuillie suits can be more effective, if you call sweat pouring down your face and extreme heat effectiveness, getting snarled up on trees fun. Oxide's Solution: Why not, the ground is covered in green, boonie hats, Camo nets, multi-cam, CADPAT TR, the light weight solutions for not using ghuillies is almost endless.

Look, I'm not saying Ghuillie suits don't have their perks, and I'm not saying that our way is right either. It works for us, (Training sessions seem to be working.) Remember a crafty sniper, is a sucessful sniper.

Stay Frosty
Oxide 0-1
Hawk

Opinions, thoughts concerns, share below

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
For Urban sniping, I agree that a ghillie is next to useless.

I havent done much urban sniping yet but if I were in an urban sniping enviroment, I would probably want a black uniform with hooded jacket, Maybe have paracord sewn into it as netting incase there was a need for traditional style concealment (i.e: Grass .etc.).

In regards to tree covered areas, no way in hell would I go out without my ghillie. I tried a BDU and Boonie set up once while sniping and they keeped seeing and shooting me. Ghillie all the time for me.

This might be arguably more comfortable:

But this is better for me:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hawk, may want to bring some dark gray sheets/cloths to build an urban hide. That could be really useful in an urban setting.

Reactions: Hawk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we've debated using them, (my team and i), but in the end it just adds weight, and if we have to pack up and move fast, it would add time on our relocation.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Agreed. It would be pretty cool to practice with them a few times, just in case you ever have need of them. It sounds kinda fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts