Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked and haven't found a thread about stories. All I want are your favorite airsoft related memories. You can post awesome moments, funny moments, just any of your favorite airsoft memories. I'll start us off.

I was in a save the hostage game. I was the hostage. They had me take my glasses off so people would know not to shoot me, which is where the whole game went wrong.

The attacking team breached the defenders perimeter, and managed to kill off all but one guy (the rest went to their re-spawn). In order to buy more time, the last man standing grabbed me and held me in front of him like a human shield (I fought against it but it was a big guy and I had no chance). Since I had not goggles on the guy assumed as long as his back was to a wall they'd never dare shoot at us. He was wrong.

He held his pistol out and pointed it at the opposing team to make sure they didn't come close enough to take a "safe" (I use that term loosely) shot. The only guy who wouldn't back down was a sniper with a 500 FPS Type 96. He was standing 10 feet away with his scope on my guard's three inches of exposed body. His goggles. I knew what he was planning on doing and both the guy holding me hostage and I were shouting

·
Registered
283 Posts
fuzzywolly said:
First time ever playing the sniper role. I had the good ol' m234, and picked up a few extra mags and a scope. Some of the most fun I ever had was over that next few weeks.
It was really fun for me too when I discovered my love for Bolt Actions and the art of precision shooting.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My earliest airsoft memory was one of my favorite too. My brothers and I were in the back yard with spring loaded pistols that shot about twenty feet haha, I thought it was the coolest thing in the world at the time.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Sorry but you should not have taken your goggles off no matter what, and the guy who suggested it is an idiot as is the guy who shot you. I hope you were thoroughly warned on the site and he person who shot at your face, at that range, with you clearly not wearing goggles and shouting not to shoot should have been banned from the site and any site for 50 miles. Things like this can end our sport. I am not angry with you per-say but never do anything like this again, Please. Just some friendly input.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Favorite memory so far:

It was in my first game where I actually attempted to be a sniper/recon. I was laying in some grass at the intersection of several paths, one of my teammates was hiding in a fort 30 feet away. 2 OpFor's came to scout the area. They moved within 20 feet of me (that was the first time I saw them, I could hear them crashing around), and engaged in a firefight with my teammate. Bullets were flying over my head as they shot at each other. I didn't have a sidearm, and didn't want to shoot someone at point-blank (plus I'd get sprayed myself). So I just laid there as the fight went on, rather helpless. The whole time, my heart was beating about 120BPM, and the adrenaline was making my hands shake mercilessly. One OpFor moved even closer to my position, but both ended up getting shot by my teammate.

A few minutes later, an enemy moved onto the path about 150-200 feet away. I aimed, fired, and missed :( But only by a few inches, or feet,
The bullet smacked a tree next to his head, and he sprinted into the bushes. Never saw him again. He said later that he decided not to come back in that area again, because he was too afraid of getting shot. It happened again with another enemy 5 minutes later.

That's a good day in my books :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
I was at a game last week, and I was low crawling in a canal full of brush and shrubs. And as I was crawling my phone rang(I forgot to put it on Vibrate
:(" title=":mad:" border="0"/> ) And one of the opposing players was walking across the bridge which was 30 feet in front of me. He heard it and jumped down to check it out. I laid there and waited for him to get closer. When he was about 5 feet away from me I pulled out my sidearm(Which was a crossman stinger P22 at the time) and popped him 3 times in the chest.

He walked out of the canal with his death rag out and seven guys swarmed around the edges of the canal and sprayed to ground for like 10 seconds straight. Hoping they would hit me.. which they did. That was a good day kinda funny that they had to shoot around 500 BB's to get me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree Inthetallgrass. And I was in eighth grade when this event happened. It's been two years and I haven't taken my glasses off in-game since then. And to furrycowthingy, I've never had my phone ring but I have had my spotter scream when he tripped over a stick. It brought in every op-for within earshot. What commenced was an hour long fire fight in which no one actually got shot. The op-for just decided we weren't worth the effort and massive amount of bb's they were sending at us. I never let him live that one down.

·
Registered
65 Posts
First game I ever played, there was a guy that showed up with a L96 clone, no scope, no ghille, no side arm. we were playing a storm the castle game and my mate took a round to the head with such force it knocked him off his feet and completly dazed him, I mean he was just sat in the open with his back to the enemy confussed, i realised that no scope "i wanna be a 1337 sniperzgodz!!!111!111" had shot him at just under 10m (MED is 20m at the site) later in the game I saw he was trying the same thing at 3m on a teammate of mine, so I flanked him and emptied half the mag of the AEG I was using into him!

·
Registered
20 Posts
My favorite airsoft moment was a few months ago, I was doing a sort of hostage thing where 2 guys guard the hostage, one tries to kill him and i tried to kill everybody but and save the hostage. The guy killing the hostage could keep "respawning" and I could only be shot once along with the guards and the hostage. I sprinted up to the tree that the hostage was being held behind and I shot a few round at the tree to get things started. All of a sudden the guy killing the hostage ran up beside me and started unloading on the tree. He was about 50ft away so I kinda hip-fired at him. It hit him in the throat. He ran back to his respawn point and i turned and shot at a guard. I hit him in the shoulder then the other in the chest. I grabbed the hostae and ran with him and I saw the killer on the way back. I pushed the hostage down and took quick aim and shot. The bb hit him on the bridge of the nose right above his goggles. I felt really bad because he's not an avid airsofter but I also felt accomplished having such a lucky match.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's one way to take care of the situation. People shooting well inside the MED tends to piss me off, especially if they are obviously super-1337. One time I was shot from 1m away on full auto. It made me bleed in seven places. I yelled at him for about ten minutes and showed him all the places he'd caused me to bleed in. He walked away very shaken, and I doubt he'll ever do that again. Also It turns out that I'd already shot the kid before he'd done that. The moral of this story is: don't be stupid.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a couple of great days.

First off I was once the hostage in a game we were playing (sort of similar to myrepublics) and I had to hide the "cashe" (a guitar case). Anyways as I was being interrogated there was a small turtle on the ground. I pointed it out and distracted the enemy team for a good bit than started to pull my pistol which was a firepower springer (I had it concealed) rack the slide back to cock it and it stays locked back.

Other one was when we were playing a VIP game, I was the one trying to assassinate the VIP. The whole team protecting the VIP walked within 3ft of me and almost passed me buy untill the last guy saw me (damn doesn't woodland work well)! I got up and said that I came ahead to scout and that I was going to pull up the rear once they came through. They believed me and I was able to walk with the enemy for a while and get 3 knife kills. Until I got friendly fired from my own team thinking I was an enemy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.