Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
When I am shooting at 328 I use .25g king arms bb's cause they are awesome, especially washed.

When using a 500fps spring or on windier days - Goldenball .3g washed bb's. They are very good IMO. I have never had a jam with them or the king arms one. Have to get more .3gs or even heavier.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I use Javelin .36g bbs. They are green so I can track them, but the enemy can't. They are consistent in my rifle. They carry far too.

The only problem I have is my rifle is not getting good compression right now so my 525fps spring is only putting out 460fps.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I've shot .30 ASGI and king arms BB's through my m14. They're decent, but I would really like to find some white .36 or heavier, but I haven't had any luck. I highly doubt I would be able to track the green .36's. I'm shooting above 400fps too.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I've been using Bioval .30s and they have been awesome. In a pinch I don't need to wash them, the performance isn't really effected, the only reason I still wash them is to keep my bucking clean. The only down side for me is that they are hard to find locally. A close second is the Javelin .36s that Vampyre uses. I have to wash those though, they are just filthy out of the bag.

@ Vampyre - do you wash yours? Did they change to funny colors? Whenever I wash Javelin BBs they come out looking chalky...

·
Registered
160 Posts
the3rdeye88 said:
I've shot .30 ASGI and king arms BB's through my m14. They're decent, but I would really like to find some white .36 or heavier, but I haven't had any luck. I highly doubt I would be able to track the green .36's. I'm shooting above 400fps too.
I shoot with the madbul .36s. I'm shooting right at 490FPS. I have had great luck with tracking them through their entire flight. They also are pretty consistent even with my bad compression and misaligned hop up. My gun was hooking to the right, but the BBs were consistent enough that I soon started getting kills. I also play in very green woodlands, so it is least visible around here.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok well besides this looking like my first good post I have read a lot about bbs and hear is what I have heard. I have heard bioval .27 compare closely sgm .29 but I believe they are made of glass. Also I have heard Madbull are decent so is it the bbs weight that makes the difference? Also answer this question for me, what brand do you think is best: Madbull, Bioval, Goldenball, and Javelin? Also I have a bit of a theory, If the heavier the weight the more accurate and long ranged they go, so why not use some .4 or .43 bb's in my gun shooting about 440fps? Obviously they cost more but I don't see any reason I couldn't do that, I can only see improved performance.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Bioval .27s are silica. Madbulls are decent and that's it. Crack one open and think about why that's it. Weight doesn't make any difference until you get to actual shooting. SGM>Bioval>GB>MB>JVL. Lastly it doesn't work that way, again showing your inexperience.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well to begin with I am just asking questions of things I do not know so no need to be rude so just stop posting insulting posts. I already know madbull bb's have airpockets, and are of decent quality but people seem to like them so I am thinking the heavy weight might compensate for this a little bit. Also silica is in a lot of glass.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you for that post, I do not see a reason for not using .4 bb's at low fps as long as enough hopup can be added. Also I will probably be using matrix .4 bb's because its $16 for 2000 of them, and they have no airpockets.

·
Registered
571 Posts
suppresedkilla123 said:
Well to begin with I am just asking questions of things I do not know so no need to be rude so just stop posting insulting posts. I already know madbull bb's have airpockets, and are of decent quality but people seem to like them so I am thinking the heavy weight might compensate for this a little bit. Also silica is in a lot of glass.
Everything you ask can be found in the forum and on the internet. My posts aren't insulting, your taking them personally and making them insulting. If you want them to be personal and insulting I can do that. You make the point of having weight compensating for inconsistencies. *shrugs* It just doesn't work that way. Rarely at that weight have I seen any noticable increase in effective range over options such as BBK .32s, SGMs or Bioval .27s/3s or G&G .28s as well as some GBs and normally just reduces the maximum range of the gun. It's just the nature of the styrene molded BBs we use. Plastics at those densities doesn't work well with HIM and leads to air bubbles. Some have thrown around the Idea of a greatly slowed cooling, but this significatnly increases the cost per round and would require a solid understanding of plastic science and such. Metal rounds have been talked about in .66 and .88 but this brings up another set of issues such as reaction to eyewear, optics, barrels and such. Another option is gold BBs. It's a relativley soft metal, heavier than plastic and will take the molding decently. There is still the problem with cost and would probably only be used for maximum total range testing in indoor enviroments. Most of these are just ideas and will probably never come to fruitition. The ultimate option for regular civvies is tungsten BBs at 2.0g BBs, but will F**K your barrel in a couple of rounds due to the high impact of the BB's in the barrel with the skidding/vibration theories. Past that you need access to depleted uranium and such, lead may work, but there is also possible toxins and is still soft so damage to barrel won't be too high, but still it is just an idea. Lastly, just because silica is in glass doesn't mean it is.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
toomanybbs said:
fuzzywolly said:
.2s. She shoots slow, but I get more range/more consistent results than with lighter bbs. Although, I ran out of .36s and am curious as to how they would perform.
What kind of gun? what kind of range? where do you play?
Pushing 225 feet tops on my TM VSR 10 (stock hop up) which spits out bbs at 370 or so. I kind of want to put in a heavier spring for a bit more range, but I'll take what I got for the time being.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.