Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need everyone opinion on which sniper I should get. These are my final two choices so please no other reccomendations. Choose which one might be better and keep these things in mind please for my own good. Please consider the weight of the gun, the fps (unmodified/unupgraded) and finally how easy it is to cock back. Like I said please no other reccomendation just tell me which one I should get.
(Im mostly going on FPS)

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AR-WELL-MB06.htm

or

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AR-WELL-MB03-L.htm

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow off topic with the sniper is a person not the gun. But I must say i never really thought of it that way. i guess its something u learn later on definetly using sniper RIFLE from now on, thanks. no need to sound so nooby anymore.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
msx1117 said:
Wow off topic with the sniper is a person not the gun. But I must say i never really thought of it that way. i guess its something u learn later on definetly using sniper RIFLE from now on, thanks. no need to sound so nooby anymore.
No, it's not off topic. You used the term "sniper" incorrectly and he merely was fixing that for you.

Also, work on using proper English, and spelling out words such as "you" not "u".

And fps is only a small piece of the pie. I would recommend looking into considering other factors more so than the fps. After all, a spring can be interchanged easily, while at the same time being cheap. So FPS should not be the only concern.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have purchased from Airsplat multiple times without issue, but I too have read the horror stories of orders getting messed up... but they have always done right by me.

Might I recommend that you look at Pyramyd Air? And instead of going with a WELL variant, how about looking at the TSD variants? Same rifles, but better quality control in my book.

The SD700 is the same as the MB03, and the SD96 is the same as the WELL L96 clone. I personally own the SD700, and it is light and accurate. Pyramyd Air also has the MB03 upgrade kit for this rifle for $27.

The SD96 is the L96 clone. I had the option to buy this, but I opted for the SD97, which comes with an upgraded piston, spring and spring guide already installed. Here are some links.., Oh and if you use this coupon code: AG-Christmas-2011 You will save an additional 10% off your order!!

SD700: http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/TSD_Tactical_Series_SD700_Black/1440

SD700 Upgrade kit: http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Well_MB03_07_Series_Sniper_Rifle_Power_Up_Kit/3087

SD96: http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/TSD_Tactical_Series_Type_96_Sniper_Black_Rifle/1601

My Personal Favorite, the SD97: http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/TSD_Tactical_SD97_Airsoft_Sniper_Rifle_Black/2378

Note also, TSD offers these rifle in three different colors...BONUS!

The SD96 and SD97 also come with metal trigger boxes now, I'm not sure if WELL has added this to their rifles or not. Theyare also a little more costly, so your pocket book will have to dictate where your coin is best spent.

Good luck with whatever you decide on, and where ever you decide to order... and then have some fun!

If the above coupon does not work, which it should, just do a search for Pyramyd Air coupons... they are always available...

·
Registered
745 Posts
We're here to help, but you have to be willing to listen. AMG/MB-07s etc. are trash, and cheap for a reason.
Bad quality, no compatablity, and will break on you soon, and this is the reason why we all own TM's, Maruzens, Tanakas, and other high end brands.
But, if I were you, please look into the UTG MK96 (ASGI, Airsoft Atlanta) or the BAR-10 (ASGI, Airsoft Atlanta.)
Don't ask about the pre-upgraded versions though, please, because honestly, they're just as worthless as the WELL.
Like I said, everyone wants to help, just stay open minded :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hear you guys and really do appreciate your opinions. This is my first ever sniper and the MB03 is what im really looking into. For a first sinper how would it be? If it is not strong enough they also have an upgrade kit for it. Do you guys think that this might make for a decent sniper?

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
I think you might be able to pay newbie for his services, he uses an mb-03... ;)

Don't worry about the strength of the shots. It really doesn't do/help much, not anymore.

Yes, it would be decent. Great? No. For that you will need to replace everything, and I am not even sure that it uses standard parts. Like most people here have said, buy a Mk96 (Maruzen or clone) or a VSR-10 (TM or JG). Those will allow you to install the necessary upgrades.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
By now I am deciding between the MB03 with upgrade kit or the UTG MK96. Some pros for each. The MK96 has much stronger fps unmodified but the only problem I have is it seems very heavy, I read it weighs 8.5 pounds, and just wondering, for a smaller sized kid which one would it be easier for me the cock/ pull slide or action back. The MB03 is much more less weight but I would have to buy an upgrade kit or leave it unmodified. Keep in mind this is my first sniper so which ever one might be easier is the one I want

·
Registered
562 Posts
Anything with a 96 after it is going to be heavy (MK96; L96 SD96 etc etc) You like the MB03, then have at it. The only way you are going to learn is by pass or fail, so get you one and start shooting...

·
Registered
170 Posts
msx1117 said:
I hear you guys and really do appreciate your opinions. This is my first ever sniper and the MB03 is what im really looking into. For a first sinper how would it be? If it is not strong enough they also have an upgrade kit for it. Do you guys think that this might make for a decent sniper?
You said sniper again (and again). It's sniper rifle and it's very important you remember that. If someone walks up to you and says do you want to buy a sniper, if you didn't know the difference and said yes well, you'd be in for a shock when the delivery van came...
Oh, and with the right tweaks some of the well rifles can be as good as the tm's and tanakas. But the mb-03 is a piece of crap. Stay away unless you want a gun that'll fall apart if you so much as look at it dodgey.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Msx, I ran a UTG l96 in stock form for about a year, and bolt pull was extremely easy. The UTG has one of the nicest bolt pulls, even better than a TM VSR 10, with a 375 fps spring....

I think you will find the UTG to not be a problem in the bolt pull department, but it is a tad heavy overall. However, after some use you will find it to be not much of a problem, even for a smaller kid like you and me (at the time.)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
YOUR RIGHT! I did say sniper instead of sinper rifle again, I guess it's something im going to have to get use to. That helps alot because I know the bolt pull can be hard and in the end the weight can be that much of a problem. I think I will be going with the.............. UTG Shadow Ops Spring Sniper Rifle! Can't wait to get it, thanks so much for the help everyone.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Now i noticed alot of people saying the WELL MB03 wont be compatible with some of the parts. Im pretty sure its actually VSR compatible but i could be wrong. As a first sniper i would say do not get this. First snipers in my opinion should not be a well unless your willing to really learn the ins and outs of your rifle. I highly recommend staying away from that brand until you know more. I would recommend the Echo 1 ASR but be careful of the magwell.

To be honest though. If you dont have $500 plus to put into your sniper it wont be as enjoyable as you really wont be able to out range many aegs. Also if you plan on becoming a sniper. Plan on making a ghille suit as they are critical at times depending on the field and useless at others. And store bought ghillies will not cut it.

I highly recommend that you start off with an aeg because you will not be truly able to enjoy the sniper role unless you have the money to pay for it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.