Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.Sorry if this is in wrong section but I'm wondering what should be my first sniper rifle.. I hav a $140 budget, was looking at the a&k svd but its too expensive. The jg bar10 sounds good but I never upgraded a gun before. I'm currently looking at the agm l96 awp but I would like if someone could recommend something better.

·
Registered
312 Posts
You need to make an intro post in the beginner section. The SVD has a wierd hopup and the trigger pull is heavy as hell. The AGM L96 is a total piece of crap. The Bar-10 is your best bet because there is tons of upgrades for it.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Now, now Akfortyseven.. The AGM L96 is not a total piece of crap. With it being a hybrid the platform is slightly disadvantaged meaning many people will turn a blind eye; I however, disagree with you. If you gave the rifle some TLC and prefer a challenge, (would you snipe if it wasn't a challenge?) then the AGM L96 can be transformed into a very able platform which in the correct hands can often outperform many of the 'mainstream' TM/Maruzen and clone guns on the market.

Secondly, Matthewzguitarz; with this being your very first rifle, I would highly recommend you purchasing the JG bar10 as it is an exact clone of the highly decorated TM VSR10 and will take the TM's aftermarket parts to upgrade. As you do say that you are worried about upgrading, all the information you need to know about upgrading ANY rifle platform will be located on this forum within a vast bank of knowledge we have compiled and refined for the airsoft community we uphold to use. Good luck!

Zero

·
Registered
410 Posts
I would go with the uk arms m24 because it comes out of the box shooting 500+fps and it doesn't really need to be upgraded if you dont want to.It is $140 with scope or 140$ with bipod and if you are new to sniper rifles I wouldn't be messing with upgrading them anyways. http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=8583

·
Registered
504 Posts
I would stick to a mainstream gun for your first rifle as there is more support on the community for them.. And 500+ FPS is ridiculous! You need hop and barrel for your range and accuracy before you even start with the FPS of a gun; which is why again I would recommend you the TM VSR10 as they come out of the box with very good stock hop-ups which don't necessarily need changing saving you some extra $ and frustration with your first rifle.

Zero

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kinda up to me or my friends, nearest fields are atleast a hour away, so we just play in our backyards, or sometimes get permission to play in areas that people ride dirt bikes(of course on a day no one is allowed to ride :D)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
by the way mate, add some teflon tape to the cylinder head's thread, and make your own paper barrel spacer. You will see a significant increase in performance.

·
Registered
384 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
one last thing before i buy the bar10.. how much would it cost to upgrade it, and would i be able too without damaging it if i have never upgraded a gun?
It can cost a low amount to a very high amount. It depends on the quality of the parts that you want to put in the rifle. You pretty much get what you pay for with the rifle. If you buy everything from GI (where the parts are the cheapest) where they don't really specialize in making upgrade parts then your going to get the performance that you paid for. If you get PDI parts then you can expect alot better performance for a much steeper price.

Also working on the Bar-10 is fairly easy. The only thing you have to watch out for is the Trigger box (and your going to want to put upgraded sears in it). If i were you i'd take a picture of everything step by step as your taking it apart so that you'll have a reference when you go to put it all back together. It's not too complicated but the first few times you might encounter something that pops out.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well looks like i might not get a sniper, and will have to use my shotgun as one... not aloud to buy anymore airsoft guns cuz my brother didnt understand that i cant aim with the shotgun because the rails are in the way -_-

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.