Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello fellow airsofters,

so i've got a P* F2 with MRS reg and 62ci 3000psi tank on the way. It would be my first HPA build so i have little to none experience and knowledge. I already have a donor body (SA-V21), now i need to get other parts.
So firstly, is the stock GB shell fine for the F2 ? or is there any significant advantage to get some aftermarket like RA ? Maybe RA with integrated hop chamber ?
Secondly, i plan to use 0.32 bbs as i have a load of them (maybe 0.36 if there is any significant advantage) so what would be the best barell length for this weigth ? i have at my disposal PDI, 6.05 300mm, 375mm and 455mm, so it would be best if one of these can be used. The FPS target is 450fps with 0.2.
I would most likely use ML 60 aeg rubber and rotary style SHS hop chamber. The setup would be used for bigger outdoor fields.
Thanks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
normaly the stock shell will provide the best alignment for the hpa engine & hopup. mechanically the hpa engine put little to no stress on the gearbox, there is only a benefit in changing the gearbox if they fit badly in the receiver.
when u run hpa dont go for fps on .2 as this has little to no value, go for field limit in joules and use heavy bb's - i would go for .36 minimum, .4-.43 above 2J.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
normaly the stock shell will provide the best alignment for the hpa engine & hopup. mechanically the hpa engine put little to no stress on the gearbox, there is only a benefit in changing the gearbox if they fit badly in the receiver.
when u run hpa dont go for fps on .2 as this has little to no value, go for field limit in joules and use heavy bb's - i would go for .36 minimum, .4-.43 above 2J.
Yes I am now aware of the fact hpa system needs to measured with the actually used ammo. Fields around here does not provide Joules limits only 0.2 fps limit so I just have to go with the calculated limits then.
So if I use 0.36 or 0.40 BBs what length of the barrell would be ideal? As said I have 300, 375, 455 mm, 6.05 PDI readily available, but I can buy som custom if needed. I am thinking on some short setup so I am mostly deciding between 300 and 375. Now from what I have read so far the 375 would be slightly more air efficient and less prone to joul disparity between 0.2 joules and 0.36/0.40 joules. Is this correct? Then there is also a question if 300 mm is even enough to achieve ~2J with 0.36/0.40?

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
there is no best barrel length, all will work as you can adjust the air used from the engine by timings. i would just test wich one gives you the best results. the f2 has a very wide range on psi so i guess 2j even with a short 300mm barrel would work. but if noise is a factor for you going with lower psi and a longer barrel might be a option too. i run the older fusion engine and between 70 - 110psi is a huge difference in noise.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just set your fps/joule goals and then tune the dwell. You can run any barrel length you want and more or less have the same air efficiency. I have two uppers, one with the fighting cat front set and 85mm barrel and my second dmr upper with a 650mm barrel. I run them with the same psi and two different fps and different dwell settings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.