Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im new to this forum, old to airsoft.

Traditionally im an Gbbr user. I have my We msk and i Like it, its my current rifle of choice for now. However I have an old springer sniper that ive upgraded a little over the years and I have found that i like sniping however it not that good other than a tbb + spring upgrade the thing is stone stock.

So my question is this, I want to upgrade, the gun I am thinking of is...
6mmProShop Gas Powered Full Metal DSR-1 / DSG-1 Advanced Bullpup Sniper Rifle, Airsoft Guns, Sniper Rifles - Evike.com Airsoft Superstore

I have some upgrades in mind.

I want to tap the magazines for HPA to make it consisant.

A barrel of somesort (idk whats compatible) or even whats considered the best barrel

A hop rubber/unit upgrade if possible.

So this would be my main sniper, how ever I have never attempted a project like this. Would these upgrades work? Im wanting to make a 100 yard capable rifle. IN my experience gas just seems to work better somehow. Any advice is much appreciated thank you.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Firstly, I love the look of that rifle! Secondly, it's good to see that you've thought of HPA-ing it. Before you dive into this rifle though, make sure there are lots of aftermarket parts available. After serious research, if you find there are not, and still want to go with a gas powered BASR, I would recommend the KJW M700. I have done some extensive research into it, and it seems to be a solid rifle. I myself have one coming in (soon-ish, needs some funds...), and am rather excited about it. Anyways, after having gotten rather off track, I say, before purchasing, make sure there is a plethora of aftermarket parts. If there aren't go with a gun that has some, or take the time to make your own.

Hope this helped!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.