Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[align=center:ueovvqh3]Fortress M40A3 Replica VSR-10 Stock Review

Real Steel History

Development of the M40A3 began in 1996, and the final product was revealed in 2001. Since then, numerous minor changes have occurred to the platform. It is highly possible that more changes will occur to the platform as it gains operational use in Iraq and Afghanistan. Listed here is the latest configuration known to be used in an M40A3.

Action

·
Registered
111 Posts
Very nice Oakey. Your closer externally to what I want. Im getting the Remington externals for my Maruzen APS-2 SV along with a fluted barrel. I am going to have to fabricate myself the adjustable cheek rest. Cant wait to see it out on the field.

I bet its going to be a tough call to keep that stock paintless or painted. Have fun deciding.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Very nice Oakey. Your closer externally to what I want. Im getting the Remington externals for my Maruzen APS-2 SV along with a fluted barrel. I am going to have to fabricate myself the adjustable cheek rest. Cant wait to see it out on the field.
Buahaha, the same exact setup I talked about getting with Oakey the other day. Too funny. I don't want an adjustable cheek rest though, I was thinking either tweaking out my Maruzen more, or going with a CA M24 and / or a Tanaka M700 and either putting the gas cylinder in it (CA M24) or tweaking it to shoot to max allowments (Tanaka).

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Be advised, there is a serious flaw with these stocks! There have now been 4 or 5 guys over here that have had them snap in half at the trigger group hole, one even snapped the first time the poor begger went prone with it. So, yes, nice looking stock, so long as thats all you intend doing with it ;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
That sucks.
:(" title=":mad:" border="0"/> But Oaks stated that the stock was completely solid and it felt solid too. So how did the stock snap? Does it have to do with the all the weight and tension that is being placed on it. But it's made of fiberglass, so how did they manage to snap it in half; that's ridiculous.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Do you think it could be shitty manufacturing and not all of them have the same flaw?
I noticed that the manual is in Japanese. Why doesn't the company translate the damn thing. Is it that they don't have the time, or the money, or even a tranlator for making it easier to understand what the hell they are talking about in the manual. My Maruzen came with an untranslated manual also and same with the 500fps spring upgrade I bought.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
It could be a bad batch or a mnufacturing fault :-/ but one of the guys said that he found a hashed up repair at the point of the snap that was there before it....erm, snapped. Something along the line of strengthening a known weak point.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah the manual could have been in English, but I mean the pictures where pretty self explanatory. Plus I think that this was only a limited release outside of Japan. They probably didn't want to spend the extra money to make a new manual.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Alright then, that explains it. You are kind of right about the pictures being self-explanatory but some things (like my manual that came with the spring upgrade) didn't make any sense at all. It even had extra pieces that were not in the gun just stock. Confusing little Japanese people I might say.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Another review made by the same guy Oakey pasted the initial review from...

http://www.airsoftsniper.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=59&Itemid=1

Fortress M40A3 Stock Review - TheBauer

Ive wrote up myself another review of the 'fortress m40a3 stock' if your thinking about buying one, i really suggest you read this review before parting with your money.

Apon opening the box, I was greated with a nicely weighted stock, it seemed very thick and strong how ever a closer look to the right hand side there was a massive crack down the side. The box however had no sign of damage other than the usual 'dog eared' corners so I was unable to work out how this happened.

So I contacted WGC and sent it back, for a refund as Fire-Support.co.uk in the UK were selling these for the same price it costed me to get one from HK shipped to me, minus customs, (HK price was bout

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.