Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just downgraded my ARES M110 from shooting 535 FPS to 400 because Im beginning to like the role of spotter more and more. Well, after I changed the spring, inner barrel (shorter length for unsuppressed), and hop up rubber (just needed a new one), my FPS deviations are outstanding! I went from getting about a 7-8 FPS change each shot, to getting a 1-3 FPS change. What did I do so right to make this happen so I can make sure to do it again after taking it apart?

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
He is right,

T=kx

For a higher k (stronger spring), the tension goes up for the same distance of compression (cylinder/piston pull length). Because of this, the tension on gears, etc. goes up, and so there are more chances for slippage, and while this will be fairly consistent normally, if the gears engage at a different place for one shot, you will get a spike, or vice versa. Apparently even half a tooth can matter for these things (aka - not a whole tooth off, just where it meshes with the other gear.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.