Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been pondering this alot lately. I might buy a JG BAR-10 G-Spec for $115, and was wondering what upgrades should I use to get ~350 FPS with .36s or .43s. Also, what would be the "quietest" set up to run with?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheese Man said:
TK, 330 fps/.2, ~220 feet effective.

A little slower than you wanted, but REALLY quiet.
Would there be a way to get ~350 FPS with .36s or .43 BBs?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheese Man said:
^Really? Wow. Anywho, at that point, you are at the level that most of us have our guns at anyway.
So basically, it would be a completely upgraded rifle? Then in this case, I'll go with the 480 FPS spring with .36s

·
Registered
268 Posts
You might want to check in with some guys who know more about this.

I'm not saying i'm wrong with the calculation, but I might have misunderstood the math.
If someone could check it with that math link thing I send.
Don't want to feel guilty if Cravona ends up buying the wrong spring and spending $ on a too low/high spring.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
pvt13 said:
You might want to check in with some guys who know more about this.

I'm not saying i'm wrong with the calculation, but I might have misunderstood the math.
If someone could check it with that math link thing I send.
Don't want to feel guilty if Cravona ends up buying the wrong spring and spending $ on a too low/high spring.
Don't worry about it. I'm not planning on doing this until I've heard from someone who is REALLY good at math to help figure this out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well the math itself is pretty simple. It's just a matter of KE = 1/2mv^2. You find out what the KE is with one bb weight, and then find out what the FPS should be with another weight bu substituting KE and m back in, just with the new weight this time.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Then I think I'm right.

I put the .36 at 350 fps, that gave me x joules, with those joules, I went to the bottom calculator and put .2 with x joules and it gave me how much fps it would be.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.