Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got problem, my fps is inconsistent, ive applied some teflon tape on the inbar but still inconsisten, the difference is quite significant about 20-30 fps, can someone explain what the problem is? Thx a alot

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
M4 aps cqb (old unit), i just dissasembly, i found that when i push the piston with nozzle and tappet plate installed, i can feel that air leak come from nozzle, Does it effect with my inconsistant fps? And then i have 250mm barrel length with full cylinder, i just read some articles, i should go with 3/4 cylinder, could it be the problem? Thx mate

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,257 Posts
That depends really on whether the leak is consistent or not. If you are leaking a similar amount of air every time, it shouldn't matter, however, I doubt it given that you do have inconsistency. Try to seal the leak and see what happens.

It might also depend on nozzle length.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Unfortunately this isn’t something we can fully answer without you giving a very detailed report.

It’s like saying I have a cough, what’s wrong with me? We need WAY more information.

Inconsistency in fps can range from compression issues (improper sealing, lack of lubricant, tappet plate timing, misalignment, etc.), electronic issues (mosfet issues, motor underpowered, battery output inconsistent), to something as simple as barrel/bucking issues (be it bad quality barrel or damage bucking).

Please provide as much observation as you can. What you see, what you hear, what you feel, What changes were made prior to the problem arising

Based on the things you provided, did you properly clean and relube all the components before you testing the air seals after assembly?

Cylinder volume should be paired to the barrel volume for a 'proper' ratio (you can read all about it on the sticky thread here made by itonne), it won’t fix anything unless there is a problem between the cylinder itself and the air seals between the piston or cylinder head

Reactions: Hunt before hunted

·
Registered
352 Posts
Volume ratio only affects efficiency.
You already ID'd the issue in the nozzle, get one with an internal o-ring.

Reactions: Hunt before hunted

·
Registered
275 Posts
It might not be the nozzle, I wouldn't want him to pick up a nozzle only to realize it isn't the part that's malfunctioning

Sometimes people test the air compression at the incorrection position (be it tappet plate too far up or too far back)

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,257 Posts
It might not be the nozzle, I wouldn't want him to pick up a nozzle only to realize it isn't the part that's malfunctioning

Sometimes people test the air compression at the incorrection position (be it tappet plate too far up or too far back)
Another fix could be sanding down the front of the tappet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts