Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys recently just got a laylax sp170 in my VSR and its only pumping out 450fps....
airseal is a problem i would assume, but just wondering how to get more of it...
because i have done the teflon tape mod to my cylinder head and bucking.
My cylinder is giving a decent airseal and when i hold my finger over the cylinder head the piston moves ever so slightly, but as soon as i screw the outer barrel on cock it and hold my finger over the barel it gives NO airseal what so ever.

HELP?:bs:

·
Registered
180 Posts
It would seem that there is an air leak around the hop unit area then.
you need to check the barrel and hop rubber again and make sure the cylinder head is getting a good air seal also.
I would expect to be getting over 550fps with a sp170 and good compression.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
hey guys recently just got a laylax sp170 in my VSR and its only pumping out 450fps....
airseal is a problem i would assume, but just wondering how to get more of it...
because i have done the teflon tape mod to my cylinder head and bucking.
My cylinder is giving a decent airseal and when i hold my finger over the cylinder head the piston moves ever so slightly, but as soon as i screw the outer barrel on cock it and hold my finger over the barel it gives NO airseal what so ever.

HELP?:bs:
http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/showthread.php?t=1399

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
You might have gone over board on the teflon tape. Too much can cause this if you put it on the nozzle to the cylinder head. Do you mean you put it in the threads or over the nozzle?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put it over the cylinder head thread.

Problem solved guys, thanks so much for the feedback.
I fixed it by putting some teflon tape over the nozzle and heating it onto it.
I also put my Action Amy piston rather than the laylax, because it gave a better air-seal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.