Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys.... this is probably not going to be what you were thinking it was.. but ....

What do you guys think would happen, to accuracy and range, if you were to leave the inner barrel totally free floated? I am not talking about it going through the outer barrel and then attaching, or touching the muzzle cap.

But instead running through the outer barrel with a gap all the way around, and nothing securing the end? I know if the barrel is to long it will sag and be very crappy...

But then the next question.... what would be the longest barrel length that you would still get the accuracy without suffering from "droop-age" ? I would think that the EdGi bull barrels would be the the best for this.

What do you guys think? I am getting some ideas for some new rifles, as I am getting my mill and lathe here shortly and plan to make a few items
:D

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is what I had figured ..... I had done this to one of my pistols, the inner barrel is about 19" past the end of the pistol. This is also a CO2 powered pistol.

Was thinking in terms of real steel rifles for this one. I know the similarities between real steal and air soft if not always the same... But figured it would be an interesting concept...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.