Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning Folks!

Just played yesterday (Sunday) with mostly ppl I don't know at a nice field, trying my hand as a DMR (which I failed miserably at - apparently I was locating myself in bad cover with poor visibility all day) and I was involved in one somewhat dangerous incident.

Anyways, I was playing in a a medium sized field (around 50m x 50m) with drums and tires, and off course everyone was just taking pot shots from both ends of the field.

This guy who died (I didn't know it then) from the opposing team suddenly comes out behind the drums approximately 15 ft away from me. As I knew that the other team was really good at infiltrating, I shot him with a quick hip shot (another words, not taking time to really aim). As luck would have it, I was on semi-auto, and the BB hit him square in the mouth.

He was furious (luckily, no damage except a swollen lip)! He swore at me and indicated that he was dead. He also noted that he was walking and wasn't in any type of agressive posture. However, HE HAD NEVER ONCE CALLED DEAD or was in a POSTURE which showed he died.

I was pretty mad, but since I didn't know these guys, I decided not to take it further and apologized to him. The biggest thing about this guy is that he's done tactical training for airsoft (AGTS?), and I would expect him to know to call out dead when you're leaving an active field (especially if you're walking towards the opposing team's side).

So the point of my story is: Make sure you call out that you're dead so everyone knows your dead! Or else there's a chance you're going to get a lucky shot to some part of your body that's really going to hurt!

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Very good post. I play with a guy who puts his gun above his head and walks around. Well, he uses an ak, and when he has that in one hand high in the air, he just looks like some crazy guy. Needless to say, I shot him, not knowing if he was in or out. Afterwards, I was kind of confused as he was mad. I just looked at him and said "call it next time bud ;) "

Also, a reminder not to take your goggles or facemask off even after you are hit. Who knows what might still be coming at you and what not. Maybe someone does not know you are out.

So KEEP your goggles on at all times too. The guy above is lucky he had them on, but still needs to call his hits to let everyone know hes out ;)

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
This happens all to often man .... That is why I always have a box of those red shop rags in my vehicle. That way if people don't have "kill rags" I can give them one.

That way there is no confusing if you are dead or not. And if you don't have your rag on then you are aware that you are going to be shot.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See, the problem is that I don't mind if I shoot or get shot by someone with a itchy trigger finger, IF I actually was shouting that I'm dead (it happens, like woogie says, all the time). But the fact that he was quiet while walking towards the enemy side of the field, and not expect to get shot, was what I wasn't happy about.

That's just not smart, especially from a guy who's done tactical training in airsoft.

·
Registered
107 Posts
In few years ago there were an incident where row of people walked to the offgame area. So the first few guys had the kill rag in the head and the other people were carrying the gun above their head. Few just walked normally. Everybody expected them to be dead, well not all of them. One guy with pistol walked with them behind the enemy lines and was pretending to search a lost mag. So he walked near my friend and he looked this guy. The guy asked "have you seen my mag" and then stab killed this guy (or what do you call it when someone taps you to the body and kills you). So few other guys shot him to pieces later. At the offgame area the guy was barging of his "nice knife kill" and tough it was a awesome trick. What a load of BS. Abusing the game system and thinking it was cool.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Yeah it is a cool trick, but he just screwed everyone else now.

That is why in my area you wear a red rag on your head when dead. If you don't have one ..... you will be shot and shot again untill you put one up.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
While the trick itself was nifty, that is definitely abusing the game. In a real battle, a guy cannot just walk up to the enemy saying he lost his mag...No, he would be shot. In airsoft, most guys do not want to light up anyone who appears to be out. Why that guy was bragging is beyond me. So he basically was talking about how he can cheat real good, and is the only way he can do anything on the field.

Ten bucks says I could get a knife kill by pretending to be severely injured, but I wouldn't because one, that is cheating, and two, who feels good about doing something like that. Shows no skill whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
At a big game at our field, somebody took a mobile respawn with him, walked up to a bunch of noobs (on the other team) in a bunker, and asked if he could take cover with them. He then dropped the mobile respawn and mowed ALL of the noobs down, of course it was hilarious, but it does kind of ruin the game.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.