Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. As stated in my introduction post, I've just bought my first airsoft sniper and awaiting delivery.

Being an impatient SOB, I decided to buy the G-Spec upgraded bundle from ZeroIn: https://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=1838
I was happy with the fact that it will shoot at [email protected] when I receive it, giving me plenty of head room to play with BB weight etc. With it also being new, I'll feel happy knowing it's history and will be keeping it a long time.

However, I've instantly felt buyers remorse and need to ask the question of whether this actually worth it or not, so any comments are appreciated :shot:

Here's the parts list:

Tokyo Marui SSR VSR-10 G-Spec with Upgrade Package (Bundle)
Individual Cost of Items: £589.90
Save £44.91 when you buy this bundled item!
1x Tokyo Marui SSR VSR-10 G-Spec
1x Laylax (PSS10) Spring - 150SP
1x Laylax (PSS10) Spring Guide
1x Laylax (PSS10) High Pressure Piston
1x Laylax (PSS10) Teflon Cylinder
1x Laylax (PSS10) Cylinder Head
1x Laylax (PSS10) 6.03mm Inner Barrel for G-Spec (303mm)
1x Zero One Airsoft Hourly Labour Charge
1x PDI Piston Sear for Marui VSR & L96
1x PDI Trigger Sear for Marui VSR
1x PDI Spring Guide Stopper for Marui VSR

I did have a couple of specific questions too, after reading the excellent article on here 'Ultimate guide to VSR':

1)They gave me a different longer barrel than what is on the list; they'll cut it down for me (and charged me the difference!). I'm guessing this won't have any huge effect on the gun if it's done properly.

2)Barrel Spacing - Do you think that they will do this for me given that it's a fairly simple upgrade? I'm assuming it's standard for these places to do, should I expect them to do it? They've told me that if i open the gun it will invalidate the warranty...

3)Given the upgraded parts list, I can't see any hop-up unit upgrade, is this normal to upgrade pretty much everything else but this?

4)Would you say the deal overall was worth it? at £550/$715 i think it's basically the labour charge that's the 'deal' in this.

5)Is there anything else I should do/upgrade besides researching how to bed everything in before my first skirmish

Sorry for the noob questions and thank you in advance for the replies!

·
Registered
969 Posts
I would say that price is not worth it.

You should have gotten an upgraded trigger and not just the sears - and an AA hop up is typically understood to be a must have upgrade today. Pretty sure you could have built this out yourself for a few hundred dollars cheaper. Especially if you'd started with a clone rifle, since you will be replacing all of the parts anyway.

If you just want a ready made sniper rifle and you don't want to build it yourself then get an SSG 24. It will be a lot less frustrating.

Barrel spacers can easily be made with tape at home.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply!

I did check the individual parts prices and like I said, I think the only ‘deal’ part was the free labour, so I’m unsure how I could put this together cheaper myself?

As it was a package deal, I couldn’t choose exactly what was included but took the guys word that it didn’t need any more upgrades.

I am starting to think it’s expensive for what it is, but Its being delivered tomorrow so it’s probably too late to return. Lesson learned I guess.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah oh well. It’s too late to change my order now. I spoke to the guy and he’s said that the stock TM hopup is more ok for this set up. He’s also said that it’s not worth the money to upgrade the trigger as it would make the bundle more expensive by £100/$130.

·
Registered
969 Posts
The AA hop up is superior. The stock hop up tends to cause curves to the side at distance due to uneven pressure from the hop arm and is more difficult to get an air tight seal with.

The trigger box will be a wait and see deal. Hopefully it lasts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.