Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

Been keeping an eye on the Novritsch page and for a quite long time the SSG24 has been out of stock.
Is the rifle discontinued for good? It is an amazing rifle with great build quality and performance so i plan on keeping mine also as my primary in the future. BUT What im worried about is: if the rifle is discontinued, will soon the spare parts also become unavailable?

Let me know your thoughts..

·
Registered
640 Posts
It is basically a Modify Mod24 (debateable but essentially true). You can use Mod 24 spare parts.
To expand upon this: Modify and Novritsch made a few deals, Novritsch made his input into the original Mod24, and made a few changes which gave birth to the SSG24. Essentially the SSG24 is a touch up version of the original Mod24 (which is itself a Snow Wolf M24 upgrade).

Later on the Modify Mod24 series are upgraded as well according to the SSG24 standards featuring a new bipod lug lugging the outer barrel and stock together, uses the same cylinder specification and same trigger mechanism design, etc, and are 100% compatible with each other.

While Novritsch ended the acquirement of the SSG24, the parts can be bought from Modify themselves you can acquire everything (pistons, sears, etc) completely and there are no news about it being discontinued from their side.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a releaf and great to hear that there are compatible parts out there.

I looked on modify's page and thats true. Some of the parts actually have "ssg24" compatible out there.

Sad to see the ssg24 fade away.. Because now i have shot both.. The ssg24 i own and a ssg10 (owned by many of my friends) . They both shoot the same, no major differance. But the feel of ssg24 is much better.

So if i had to choose between buying ssg10 and ssg24.. I would with out hasitation buy the ssg24 all over again.

Thanks guys for pointing out the Modify mod24 conpatibility.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Honestly I have no idea why isn't the Modify M24 upgraded/modified to VSR bucking and barrel standards so far since it's not particularly hard to do so (Modify themselves also make buckings for GBB) outside of forcing you to buy their parts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
The issue with doing so is because of the nozzle size.

In the case of the SRS VSR buckings had to be squashed inwards a ton due to the inner diameter of a VSR bucking being meant for GBB and everything else, and that led to various accuracy, air seal, and wear issues since the bucking was not the correct one for the job.
Not that AEG buckings do a better job as they also have their air seal and accuracy issues, but they are what came with the SRS and what works best with the SRS.

Modify made a bucking with the advantages of a VSR bucking but with an inner diameter better suited for their nozzle and the SRS nozzle, very similar to the Stalker KRAKEN stuff in that manner.

·
Registered
640 Posts
The issue with doing so is because of the nozzle size.

In the case of the SRS VSR buckings had to be squashed inwards a ton due to the inner diameter of a VSR bucking being meant for GBB and everything else, and that led to various accuracy, air seal, and wear issues since the bucking was not the correct one for the job.
Not that AEG buckings do a better job as they also have their air seal and accuracy issues, but they are what came with the SRS and what works best with the SRS.

Modify made a bucking with the advantages of a VSR bucking but with an inner diameter better suited for their nozzle and the SRS nozzle, very similar to the Stalker KRAKEN stuff in that manner.
...I meant, Modify themselves making hop up chambers and nozzles that are VSR spec (ie what the TAC41 is/would be doing), not squishing it like the SRS

Also AEG spec rubbers having leaking or accuracy issues is kind of an old news nowadays

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I think that they probably wanted to improve on the VSR bucking, and they wanted to use a kind of magazine that only works with small nozzles.

I know that the AEG bucking is old news, but I felt it needed to be included for anybody else reading.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I think that they probably wanted to improve on the VSR bucking, and they wanted to use a kind of magazine that only works with small nozzles.

I know that the AEG bucking is old news, but I felt it needed to be included for anybody else reading.
Problem is, what exactly is the improvement here? The bucking doesn't necessarily seal better, the patch can be ported onto a VSR rubber (which Modify did anyway), the only reason of necessity a smaller diameter nozzle has is really just to fit in the mag lips which is a design from the Snow Wolf M24/APS-2 system. Which also shouldn't necessitate the use of a proprietary barrel.

Old news as in not really true anymore provided the design is sane. The SRS doesn't leak, the Type 96 AA chamber doesn't leak, nor do the PDI chamber series that uses AEG rubbers over VSRs. They don't necessarily perform worse nor better than a VSR type bucking nowadays provided it's not off spec.

·
Registered
110 Posts
@Light
SSG24’s spare parts here.
Construction of SSG24 is stopped, not the technical support.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, i am aware, that today the spares are still available.

What i was concerned about was the future. Will there be continious production of spares or once the stocks run out of the already manufactured parts, will this be it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts