Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a g17 for a sidearm. WE-tech just released one and there isn't a whole lot about them yet. I know Marui made or makes one and have been curious about reticle.g to put one together for a bit, but don't know much about GBB pistols. I had a WE 1911 single stack, but it was always finnicky and jammed up. I hear people give WE veal often so I am weary about getting another one.

What's your opinions on the WE and other G 17's out there?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The WE or KSC? The 18c's are nice, but out of my price range. The other 2 Glock-ish pistols I've been thinking about are the KWA PTP and the Echo1 Lonestar/Timberwolf.

The WE is a Marui design so parts and mags are easy to acquire.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you're looking for a gbb to skirmish with, I'd definitely go with a KWA. I have 2 KWA glocks and all have worked great since I got them a few years back. They're pretty dependable and you don't usually run into any problems with them if they're maintained.

If you're going for a more detailed gun, a TM or KSC would be the way to go since they're trademarked and have a few of those more refined details the KWA's don't.

Another side note: There's two types of KSC glock's, the Japanese and Taiwanese ones. Japanese ones are made to use 134a/duster gas, and the Taiwanese have a more beefed up internals to handle green gas/propane.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm going to be the oddball and suggest either a TM or a CYMA glock AEP. They are cheap, don't use gas, rechargeable battery, and I've had more fun with them than I have my gbb we and TM.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Felix said:
I'm going to be the oddball and suggest either a TM or a CYMA glock AEP. They are cheap, don't use gas, rechargeable battery, and I've had more fun with them than I have my gbb we and TM.
Definitely get a CYMA glock, they are actually very good, have better range and work in all weather conditions. Quieter too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a Cyma P226 i just bought, and its the Cyma Glock in a different body. Shoots beautifully, at least 100 feet, and groupings depend how well your stance is (i get around a mansized target)

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
That's just what I'm told, that and it is a year newer. (Maybe they all have the slightly new internals as they went out of production for a while)

But it goes like this supposedly
CYMA Deagle<DE USP<CYMA Glock<CYMA P226< Practically all Marui aeps.

Actually how are Tm MP7's?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
An AEP is definitely out of the question for me. I'm still waiting on more reviews. ASGI said that they will be getting T-Code holsters to fit the G17. If they fail to release one when I am finally ready to make a pistol order I will just have to get the tried and true 1911.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Check Airsoft Forums whole AEP section, its all CYMA Glocks and how awesome it is.

I havmt used the T-Codes, but personally I like either a Safariland style dropleg holster, or a blackhawk serpa. They would hold it probably just as well, but are made for real steel so you know you wont have any problems.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The G17 is wider than a Glock 17 so it won't fit any of the molded 17 holsters. I've heard rumor that it might be closer to a Glock 21. ASGI told me that they will be getting "custom" G-Code holsters. I assume that custom would mean for a wider Glock model.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
the3rdeye88 said:
An AEP is definitely out of the question for me. I'm still waiting on more reviews. ASGI said that they will be getting T-Code holsters to fit the G17. If they fail to release one when I am finally ready to make a pistol order I will just have to get the tried and true 1911.
Never base your opinion on real steal. Unless it's a TM 1911 it'll underpreform. And AEP's have better rAnge then GBB, are also upgradable and can be used all year round.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Well, the KJW 1911 isn't all that great, neither is the WE or even the KSC
KJW>KSC in terms on 1911 performance (Not quality or efficiency though)
I'd say buy a c02 KJW or save up and get a TM1911
OR even better - A WA 1911 - won't preform as well as the Tm but it'll feel like an Inokatsu 1911.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.