Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I would like to ask your help to find the problem in my G&G GR25 that does not have enough range.
The stock barrel had a hard scratch so had to be replaced.
In the meantime also wanted to tune up to our field limits: 500FPS (0.2g)
So changed the spring and the barrel only:
Had a shorter Guarder brass tightbore 6.02 /469mm around so put it in with a stronger spring.
The gun shoots consistent 465FPS (+/-2) but has weak range.
It shoots only around 45m effective with 0.36 madbull BB.

Tried with a wider barell just to test: Cyma 6.08/ 509mm: it has higher around 485FPS. strange... And still the same range! so no big change.
Gun has been taken to parts. All parts seems to be fine.

Any idea what might cause this? Barrel, length, width, volume? What should I check, change, try?
many thanks!

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
yes, I also expected minimum 70m eff. range... :(
Already tried with many different hopup rubbers soft to hard. now a Maple leaf 70 is installed with flathop. Flight path seems ok. hop works as it should. still no range.
does anyone use it with close to 500 FPS with harder spring? (120-150?) May be too much for stock setup? Now wondering to put back a weaker spring close to 400Fps...
Heard of any issue with the barrel size or length? (though it does have same issue with tight bore, normal bore, shorter, normal) thx

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With zero hop I had even less range. I applied to the right hop and it reaches 45m. thats the best I could get effective. If I apply more hop it spins up too much and BB very unstable.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sounds great with 405fps! I just want to achive that 80 yards effective...whatever the fps is :)
have you tried what it does with higher close to 500?
can you please send your build, what are your internal parts?

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I try to use different cylinder/barrel/bb weight ratio. GG Gr25 has the small standard M4 cylinder size and with current setup it seems unefficient (undervolumed) with 1,7 ratio. So the inner barrel seems too long. With 500FPS using 0,36 bb ideal barrel lenght should be around 380mm getting 2,5 cylinder/barrel ratio. So will cut the barrel shorter and see the results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.