Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Mine's one of the very first Gen. 1's to come in the country. It was purchased in at Power Edge, in Hawaii, on the night before they began selling them (pre-bought, picked up the following day). The only major problem I've had is the trigger. But, a teamate of mine, worked at the AFANG machine shopped, and got that working well. It may possibly need either a new wireset, or new motor soon, which is nothing major. I don't use it very often, but it is a nice weapon.

Nice review.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One other item now that dutton said something about the trigger. Some of the First run rifles had a bad trigger. G & G came out with a kit that you could get from the dealer that you got your rifle from. This info was on the G & G website, Kind of a re-call..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, I talked to a tech from Airsoft Knoxville and he was saying that G&G triggers were a little faulty all the way around- it's just a little weird.

Personally, I love my M14 and the only problem I've ever had was the trigger getting stuck ONCE.

-Mongoose

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Torque up sets are a lie. All the gears have the same number of teeth.
Torque up gears are built to withstand stress, better than original ratio gears. That doesn't necessarily mean that they have more teeth; but rather, the teeth may be thicker, so that they are less vulnerable to stress. Also, a lot of companies are introducing their torque up gear sets with helical teeth. Helical teeth allow for less stress on each individual tooth of the gear, since the teeth are angled, the stress is better managed, making them less susceptible to break with the use of a higher spring.

·
Registered
40 Posts
So the term "High Torque" does not in-fact, give it more torque. I'm not disagreeing they are stronger, and I always throw the Systema high torque gears in my gun, just for the fact they are stronger.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Hahah Burke and the some 30 Vietnamese guys that were pinned down in the dike. Good story..

I know Op-Doc has a G&G M14 that shoots 750 FPS with a .36g bb. That little guy is a monster and he's outranging some of the hottest sniper rifles out there.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I know Op-Doc has a G&G M14 that shoots 750 FPS with a .36g bb. That little guy is a monster and he's outranging some of the hottest sniper rifles out there.
Yeah considering that his gun is shooting somewhere in the 900s, which I would never allow myself to play with. Even with super conservative engagement limits.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Hahah, yeah he had a guy that was certified by G&G build his gun. But the guys he used to play with were doing if you take headshots your prosecuted or something along those lines.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yeah I remember him saying that in North Carolina they didn't have FPS limits, but they had very strict engagement limits. Although it would be cool to be able to have my rifle shooting in the 600s, I haven't been to a field yet that I would need that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
yeah, those are hard to find sometimes. i like just going to national forest and playing over several square miles. most of the actual fields around here wont let me use my vsr-10, which shoots about 700. most people are afraid of it, and it even got me banned from games hosted by certain panzies.

·
Registered
131 Posts
NO SHIT PEOPLE ARE AFRAID OF IT! if i was fucking shot by a 700fps gun id kick the bastard in the balls and then snap his airsoft gun in half...

ive seen VSRs upgraded to 450 and they are bending at the reciever, how the hell are you getting your gun to shoot that hot?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.