Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

From what I can tell quite a few of you guys use G&G M14's here and I was wondering if any of you of had a similar problem to myself.

I have found that using .2 bb's my mags seem to feed a hell of a lot better than if I was using .25's which is most frustrating!

When using .25's in my CA 180rd mid-caps I find that I will get several rounds that will fire and then it will stop feeding and I have to fiddle around and wait for blind luck to put rounds back into the chamber. Now I'm experiencing this problem on 3 magazines and my G&G high caps aren't working too well either.

Any ideas what my be the cause of my problem?

Cheers :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
It could be a number of issues.

My experience I've had some feed issues when using the Classic Army M14 mags and far few when I use any of the G&G M14 magazines (mid-high).

I would first ensure the mag is seated correctly. That's one of the quirks with the M14.
Make sure the magazine latch is engaging the feed port correctly and that everything appears
normal (nothing is damaged, broken, obstructing the path way for the bb's)

With CA M14 magazines there's a coating (painted) on the magazines that make them a tighter fit than the G&G plain metal mags.
A simple wearing them in, or light sanding on the upper front corners will help in an easier fit.

The magazines broken in? When I got my M14, plus had my buddies G&G M14 on hand, both shot .20's fine, but when I moved up in bb weight I noticed feeding issues also.
To break in the magazines I would simply load bb's then put the mag into a large plastic bag, pull the release lever on the mag to cause all the bb's to fly out. The plastic bag keeps bb's from going every where. I repeated this 3-4 times and had better bb feeds since.

Now while I'm shooting a M14 and it dry fires I use the palm of my hand and tap the bottom of the mag with a little force just to ensure the mag is seated correctly. If that doesn't work, I eject the mag and reseat it back up into mag well again. Seriously seems like a lot of work, but it's second nature to me now and only takes a second or two to do.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll try giving the magazines a good breaking in, they were second hand so I expect they've had some rounds put though them.

I've already had plenty of experience with the quirkiness of the magazine placement >.> Fun times, thanks for the tip though I will give the magazine a good tap to see if that works :)

Cheers

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I'vee had this with my CA mags, on .25s, never on .2s, .23s and .28s.

This is on fully broken in mags, with specialy stretched springs (never ever put any form of lubricant into your mags..... ever!!)

I put it down to 2 things.....

1/ The bbs surface was quite rough and I put it down to them jamming together.

2/ A mate of mine mentioned that he to was suffering the same issue but using M4 standards and we also theorised that it could be the size of the bb. A .25 is slightly smaller, physicaly, than the other weights, this causes them to lock nearer to be side by side rather than being slightly offset from bottom bb.

It in all probability is due to a degree of both :-/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.