Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking into adding an silencer onto my G&G M14 SOCOM, but have had great difficulty understanding anything that I have read on the internet about this so far.

Is the flash hider actually glued in place on this? I have attempted to removed it in the past but never used anything past my hands so I figure this is probably true. Ultimately, removing it should be too much of a problem if it is, just trial and error until I get it off.

But what is underneath it? And also on that note, what silencer type would I need to fit it?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Your flash hider is most likely glued on. Chinese manufacturers tend to glue the tips on using an epoxy glue that is very difficult to remove.

First off, you'll need to look at your flash hider and see if there is a very small screw in it that is perpendicular to the outer barrel. This is a locking screw that keeps the flash hider from rotating and you need to take it out if it isn't glued in as well.

Most flash hiders are a 14mm Counter Clockwise thread, which means to unscrew it you'll need to rotate it the opposite direction than you're probably used to.

If your flash hider is metal (Chances are it isn't) then I would suggest that you remove the outer barrel from the gun and heat it over a stove flame or lighter flame. This will loosen up the epoxy by melting it and you should be able to unscrew it.

If you've got plastic, you have two options:
1. Heat the orange tip using a blow drier on hot for 10-15 minutes. This should also loosen the epoxy so you can unscrew it.
2. Boil water in a pot. Once you've got it boiling, lower the orange tip into the boiling water and hold it there for 2-4 minutes. Then try unscrewing it.

For any of these methods, I'd suggest that you remove either the outer barrel from the gun or take the inner barrel out because you don't want to damage the inner barrel.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Here's a big issue, the G&G m14s have a thread that's wider than normal 14ccw threading. As in I think it's closer to a 16 or so. I have yet to find a silencer stateside that would fit it.

·
Resident Toy-Maker
576 Posts
The G&G SOC16 does not have an option to install a silencer. The threads in question remove the ENTIRE front assembly, that's the front sight, gas tube, and all. If you're looking for a mock silencer, I'd recommend either:
talking to a machine shop and have them build you a sleeve to install over your existing flash hider to accept 14mm-
OR
have the flash hider itself turned down into 14mm- threading.

Personally, I took my entire front assembly, parted the flash hider from the sight, then threaded the outer barrel to 14mm-. Following this I turned two cylinders with a stepped OD to positively lock the front sight/gas tube assembly when installed, then turned one into an OEM style flash hider and the other to 14mm- again for the option of installing a flash hider or silencer as I saw fit.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, I see what you mean about the front assembly. It really is just one piece isn't it?

Have you got any pictures of what your did careful? So I can see exactly what you're on about.

·
Resident Toy-Maker
576 Posts
I'll see what I can come up with, I'll have to talk to its new owner about snapping a picture or two.

EDIT: I have not forgotten about you, I'm still waiting to coordinate with the current owner's busy schedule. I might have the pictures up for the weekend, but I can't make any promises.

·
Registered
1 Posts
silencers

Right, so if I do manage to get this bugger off I may still be looking at not being able to get a silencer to fit it?
hey there i have been playing airsoft since i was 7 and now i am 18 and i have had 2 EBR AEG 2 SOCOM AEG and 1 standard m14 AEG all by G&G in the past 4-5 years and i found that this http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=38287 because i had the same problem with my m14 AEG by G&G i simply switched my flash hider to this m14 vortex type flash hider which this one is specifically designed for the m14 AEG airsoft rifles then i had bought this http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=30012 this is a quick detach silencer also specifically made for the m14 ebr but you must have a vortex type flash hider in order to use it the silencer is made by g&p and the flash hider is by angel custom sooo yea hope this all helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.