Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may have been asked before but I couldn't find this specific question.

I'm planning on getting the G&G M14 because I'm about to sell my R85 for $140 and my AR mag's for $40ish so plus my working money so I can afford it. My question is are there any necessary or really cheap upgrades or is it decent stock? Eventually I'll upgrade it for a DMR (From the DMR Guide, Thanks vindicareassassin) but for now I have to see what my budget will be. Would a TBB help a lot?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
If your going to buy a G&G, and your going to have to save for it, its worth going the full nine yards and saving a bit extra and getting the 'Veteran' as it comes fully upgraded to DMR spec out the box.

All you will need to add is a scope and mount and its good to go.

You can just get the basic model then do my upgrades to it, but you will also then need to buy stuff like springs, barrels , cylinder heads etc which will cost you a premium price compared to getting a 'Vet' straight off the bat.

Whats wrong with the SA80?

Its a reasonable, compact package, and my upgrades can be applied to it, atleast consider doing my mods to it, using it like a test bed, while you save for the G&G, then you can charge a little more for it when it comes to selling it on, plus you'll have your shit all in one sock when it comes to doing them to the M14 ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
vindicareassassin said:
If your going to buy a G&G, and your going to have to save for it, its worth going the full nine yards and saving a bit extra and getting the 'Veteran' as it comes fully upgraded to DMR spec out the box.

You can just get the basic model then do my upgrades to it, but you will also then need to buy stuff like springs, barrels , cylinder heads etc which will cost you a premium price compared to getting a 'Vet' straight off the bat.

Its a reasonable, compact package, and my upgrades can be applied to it, atleast consider doing my mods to it, using it like a test bed, while you save for the G&G, then you can charge a little more for it when it comes to selling it on, plus you'll have your shit all in one sock when it comes to doing them to the M14 ;)
Thank you. Well I'm not really sure whats broken in it. I thought it was the piston but I replaced it with a G&P SR-25 Piston and it didn't work. A friend of mine who works at AirsoftBattleZone seems to think the gears are messed up. But you have a point... repair it, do the DMR upgrades, and then replace it with the G&G M14 Veteran... Huh... Thanks for the suggestions!

Hey, is this the Veteran? http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2681

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Sorry for the delay in replying I missed it last time I was on ::)

I'm guessing yes, as it says its a solid wood stock and only the Veteran comes with that ;)

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Man the M14 has come down in price. I bought my V.2 M14 and the a trigger was junk, they have redesigned it since though. I would love to have the full metal and wood one, incredibly realistic feeling, even with the synthetic stock.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Trouble is the synthetic stocks dont come pre upgraded.

I'd rather have the better gun and wrap it in hessian than by a lower grade weapon just so I can paint it :-/

Why not buy the Vet, and then do what I did, and buy a plastic stock later to paint ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
vindicareassassin said:
Trouble is the synthetic stocks dont come pre upgraded.

I'd rather have the better gun and wrap it in hessian than by a lower grade weapon just so I can paint it :-/

Why not buy the Vet, and then do what I did, and buy a plastic stock later to paint ;)
Thats what I plan on doing. Maybe try and sell the wood stock.

·
Registered
89 Posts
killem said:
vindicareassassin said:

Thank you. Well I'm not really sure whats broken in it. I thought it was the piston but I replaced it with a G&P SR-25 Piston and it didn't work. A friend of mine who works at AirsoftBattleZone seems to think the gears are messed up. But you have a point... repair it, do the DMR upgrades, and then replace it with the G&G M14 Veteran... Huh... Thanks for the suggestions!

Hey, is this the Veteran? http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2681
no this is the Veteran version

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_44_218&products_id=28217

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.