Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys got Three quick questions for you all.

I'm about to acquire a TM G-Spec in a trade. I was wondering if i could use a M120 equivalent spring in my VSR without shattering the trigger assembly(like how you can use higher strength springs in Maruzin rifles), and if i need to watch out for other things if it will not shatter the spring(ie. cracked cylinder, broken bolt handle etc etc).

My second question is, can i use AEG barrels in the VSR? I know that it is not likely based on my limited knowledge of Tanaka rifles.

Finally, I have seen the barrel extenders on Redwolf. Is there really a need to extend the barrel in a VSR or is the accuracy sufficient with just the normal 430mm barrels. Previously i used a 550mm KM head barrel in my M variant, so i know there will be a difference but will it be so bad that I will have to re do my shooting habits? (I know this one is kinda user dependent[lack of better word] but i thought i would ask anyways)

Thanks for all the help.

sticks

·
Registered
283 Posts
You're going to want to upgrade at least the piston sear with a higher powered spring, and even perhaps invest in an upgraded piston. As for all your other parts, such as your bolt handle and cylinder, these are built like tanks on the VSR series. You should be able to handle a SP190 for a very long time on these.

You can't use an AEG barrel, in order to you would have to get the Aero Chamber, although I have heard reports of it not performing as well as the stock hop up chamber, which is arguably the best out of the three major airsoft sniper rifle brands.

I'm going to assume you're talking about after market outer barrels, in which you wouldn't need these, unless you plan on running a barrel longer than 430mm. I would recommend just buying a a Laylax 430mm inner barrel, and running it through your G-Spec silencer. There have been many tests done, and it has been said that anything past 430mm for the VSR series is redundant, do to the fact that performance plateau's past this point.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick help! I got a few more questions then ill stop I swear :) .

Do you know the diameter of the Laylax barrels? Also does DBC make VSR barrels or just AEG barrels? Finally I know you are the VSR "guru"(through your profile), what (in your opinion) is the best bucking as far as consistency is concerned?

Thanks again you have no idea how much help you have been.

sticks

[EDIT] also i heard from a reputable source in a chat room that lay lax or PDI has a higher metal density than the other and that one also has a higher QC than the other. is this true? I have found no other proof of this through other boards.[/EDIT]

·
Registered
283 Posts
The Laylax barrles are 6.03 I believe, and DBC does make a VSR barrel in both 303mm and 430mm. I would say the Nine Ball bucking is the best out there, very good hop and great consistency I have found.

As far as Laylax over PDI or visa versa, I haven't seen anything to prove or deny it. I think they're both very reputable companies, and deserve the same amount of credit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.