Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

G3 Countersniper/DMR

4K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  uller 
#1 ·
This is my G3 I use for Countersnpier and DMR work.Its one of the first guns I bought,and the very first I ever upgraded.All the work on this was done by myself.This one is my primary,and of all the guns I own,my favorite.This is a list of every thing i've done to it:

Externals :

Nitro VO toprail stretched to fit fullsize G3

Hand made hbar outter barrel

KA G3 sniper grip

A&K 300m iron sites

Magpul UBR stock pipe mounted to hand made

G3 stock mount backing plate,(stock pipe is used

for battery compartment)

JG G3 railed hand guard notched to accept SG-1 bipod

Krinkov suppresor

Aimpoint replica

Hensoldt 2x range estimating magnifier with illumination module

(real steele)

El cheapo forward grip

Internals :

AIM reinforced V2 GB case with 8mm ball bearing bushings

AIM reinforced gears

Systema ARL

Systema cutoff lever

Guarder reinforced tappet plate

Guarder G3 dbl oringed boreup cylinder head

Guarder boreup oringed air nozzle

AIM metal racked piston

Guarder boreup piston head with bearing

Guarder closed chambered boreup cylinder

Matrix 260% irregular pitch spring

AIM stainless steele spring guide with bearing CA metal hopup chamber

Systema magnum motor

Systema Bucking

SCS spacer (modified)

EDGI'470mmx601mm inner barrel

Electrical :

AWS stealth trigger fet

Deans connectors

16 gauge stranded wire

shrink wrap

no fuse

Mechanical mods :

Permatex Anaerobic Gasket maker applied to cylinder head
cylinder union for compression,aswell as to the bucking and barrel for seal

corrected AOE with 70D sorbo and CH bumper

Radiused cylinder window

11.1v 1200mah 20c lipo battery

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
Thank you.I used to work in a custom street rod shop on the side.I learned quite alot about doing fabrication work there.I apply what I learned there to building and customizing airsoft guns.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Well,as it was the first gun I ever customized it cost me quite alot.That is if you consider the parts I broke,or broke of there own accord.Its actually hard to put a price on the man hours actually working on it,and doing the custom work.So in all honesty I cant really tell you.My thanks for being so positive.It actually works quite well for me.Its a tad on the heavy side(11lbs),but its nothing that isnt unmanagable.

Discussion starter · #12 ·
Yes zero I have more I have done/doing.I like to keep several projects going at the same time to keep me from getting board doing just one.I work on one for awhile,and get an inspiration and go back to another.Ill get the secondary I built for this one up asap and have you take a look.

Discussion starter · #18 ·
sanguinor said:
I bloody love that top rail, what do you mean by 'stretched to fit'? I am seriously considering getting one for my G3 now.
You will need to get a Nitro VO MC51 length toprail and a section of an el cheapo SPR toprail aswell.Cut the very end off the VO rail where the Notch is to fit the cocking tube end cap.Make your cut at the base of one of the picatinny lugs.

Take a measurement with the VO rail installed,from the freshly cut end all the way to the very end of the cocking tube.Apply this measurement to your doner SPR toprail and cut.It to must be cut at the base of a picatinny lug,but you want the "valley" side of the cut to be joined to the VO.In this way when your done the profile of the rail will be consistant.Place the two pieces of rail together and braze them into one piece.I made a jig to hold both sections of rail together while i brazed them.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
sanguinor said:
uller said:
You will need to get a Nitro VO MC51 length toprail and a section of an el cheapo SPR toprail aswell.Cut the very end off the VO rail where the Notch is to fit the cocking tube end cap.Make your cut at the base of one of the picatinny lugs.

Take a measurement with the VO rail installed,from the freshly cut end all the way to the very end of the cocking tube.Apply this measurement to your doner SPR toprail and cut.It to must be cut at the base of a picatinny lug,but you want the "valley" side of the cut to be joined to the VO.In this way when your done the profile of the rail will be consistant.Place the two pieces of rail together and braze them into one piece.I made a jig to hold both sections of rail together while i brazed them.
Thank you very much mate, I will keep a note of that and I certainly hope I can fit one of these rails at a later date!
no problem.If you need any help with it let me know.Knowledge is nothing unless its shared.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
bobgengeskahn said:
Wow... just amazing. I've always looked at the G3 as that cute girl in the back of the class that you want to talk to but wern't sure about... but now she's all grown up and daymn. (Kinda weird I know, but it was the best thing I could tihnk of off the top of my head).
Thanks Bob.Now theres an interesting analogy.I've always liked the G3,not too many people do.There not seen to often either.They really lend themselves to customizing unlike no other IMO.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
sanguinor said:
My G3 was the first gun I ever brought, it's not very often she gets used these days but when she does get used, she is just as wonderful as when I first got her.

They're really beautiful guns from the word go, and yeah I agree with Uller here, they are very open to customization!
Ah,much praise to you good sir for seeing the virtues of the noble G3 as I do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.