Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,045 Posts
mojo said:
before doing that upgrade... you may want to check with your local field FPS rating... in a lot of cases its 410fps w/ .20g.
Tis good advise, who wants to spend a stack of cash on a gun only to be told its nothing more than an ornament unless you down grade it ;)

mojo said:
for that build i also installed high torque gears, bore-up cylinder/cylinder head, silent piston head, and an "unconventional airsoft" sniper mosfet.
Hi torque gears are a good option but not strictly necessary, Bore up kit - a complete waist of good money unless you plan to use a barrel that is over 600mm long, and as barrels over 510mm long are also pointless, unless you are REALLY struggling to get the FPS you require, spend your money on something you actually need. Silent Piston Head - In my, fairly vast, experience, it is that in name only. If you want quiet, sorbothane or an airbrake or a combination of both is your only option. MOSFET - definitely, absolutely, most positively get one of these, especially if you plan on using single shot only. They are cheaper by a country mile to make yourself, but a requirement to be able to use a soldering iron is a must, or else by a ready made one. I have heard that Infectious makes a good AB MOSFET ready to install :)

· Registered
1,045 Posts
If your good and know what your doing to get the best seal/performance from your gun, you can get way more out of it than what mojo suggests. My M14 DMR is shooting a .2 at 438 +/- 3 fps using a Guarder M120 ;)
Just something to think about, as using a softer spring and making sure you have as close to 100% seal as you can get, will do wonders for the life span of your GB

· Registered
1,045 Posts
mojo said:
It is just that in my experience fewer people than we would like to think will actually spend the time to tune their weapon system the way you or I would and the way they SHOULD.
Aah, yes.... I was forgeting about the ignorant majority ::) ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.