Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know you all probably think I'm a noob to airsoft for asking. But anyways, which type delivers more power for longer shots, or is just better in general?

-Thanks

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Read the forum before asking such a simple question. Spring and gas are both way stronger than AEG's and from those two spring takes the lead as being fool proof to work in any weather or time of year. This is due to the fact that most gases (except CO2 (maybe there are others too, I don't know)) have only certain temperatures where they work and yet within the safe temperatures the power of gas may alter due to weather conditions. And then there is spring, the phrase "Simple goes farthest." works for this type, since spring tends to have less malfunctions than AEG or gas, they give high fps / M/s cheapest than other types. I'm sure others can give out say M160-M170 but it would cost you sick.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
- Gas can achieve a higher FPS, but as field legality... Spring is the way to go because unlike gas, your shots are consistent one after another.

- Gas rifles need to be re-sighted generally every time you pull it out because even 5-10 degree changes in temp can throw the hopup off.

- Gas has lubrication in it, which easily causes more inconsistancy with you hopup bucking.

- Spring rifles generally have a plethora of aftermarket performance parts.

- Spring doesn't have as many moving parts, less shit that breaks, and ultimately a rifle you can field strip without having to worry about losing anything.

- Aftermarket spring hopups can be fine tuned much better than a gas

- The only thing Gas has on spring is that it comes shooting hot, and you don't need to track parts all over the world to get your rifle shooting how you want. All in all though, if you want to be serious about being an Airsoft Sniper, Spring rifles are where its at.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Couldn't agree more with Livonia.

Nothing beats Using a spring sniper in the cold weather. Not having to worry about your battery life, and constantly changing out Gas cartridges.

Spring is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Like I wouldn't have written a thing here... =P But yea as you two said it all, except in a more compact package than what I wrote. =P =D

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
But why thank you my good man!
I'm just giving my share, that's all. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.