Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not very experienced with gas pistols so I was wondering... What is the limit in terms of power upgrades using only aftermarket parts?

Some online sources/friends say 420ish FPS with a green gas gun. And around 470ish FPS with a CO2 pistol.

I'm by no means a power junkie. I run a 1 joule sniper :D Just curious about the limits.

My best guess for optimal power:

1. Co2 Base Gun with threads so you can use a suppressor to hide #2
  2. 6.01 TBB with length much beyond the stock; perhaps 3-5+ inches past the outer barrel
  3. 160% High-flow valve
  4. Increased Power Hammer Spring
  5. ???

Btw, if it's possible to remove blowback from a blowback pistol, would the FPS increase?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Im no expert in GBB pistols either but if you remove the blow back from a blowback pistol, you would have to chamber every round manually after each shot. Even then, I never heard anyone disable the blow back from a GBB pistol.

420+ FPS for a side arm is pretty hot ( or at least in my fields ) unless its you're primary.

I'd say around 350 or less would be good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im no expert in GBB pistols either but if you remove the blow back from a blowback pistol, you would have to chamber every round manually after each shot. Even then, I never heard anyone disable the blow back from a GBB pistol.

420+ FPS for a side arm is pretty hot ( or at least in my fields ) unless its you're primary.

I'd say around 350 or less would be good.
Not necessarily, look at the relatively new Socom Gear Oasis, it has no blow back and with green gas reaches 450-500 fps depending on temperature with .20's

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well just in general, over 400fps with a sidearm is pushing it.. especially if there is one shooting around 500fps. Mine shoots lower than 300fps and it is still effective distance wise and just use in general.

·
Administrator
6,261 Posts
There are not many parts for pistols that increase the power.

The high flow valves is a good start, the SD POM nozzle, a 6.01 TBB, a good quality bucking for better seal and then the shims under the rubber outlet valve for better seal with the BBU.
All these where in a TM hi capa I sold a few years back, the gun was firing 430fps.

Wolf

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not necessarily, look at the relatively new Socom Gear Oasis, it has no blow back and with green gas reaches 450-500 fps depending on temperature with .20's
Not necessarily what?

The Oasis is too hot for a side arm, at least in the fields I play. Around 350fps is a good velocity for sidearms/ close kills. No point in having a 450/500fps sniper rifle and having a 450fps pistol. If the guy is too close to you, then you wouldn't be able to shoot. Like I said, its only good if the pistol is for his primary. :tup:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
There are not many parts for pistols that increase the power.

The high flow valves is a good start, the SD POM nozzle, a 6.01 TBB, a good quality bucking for better seal and then the shims under the rubber outlet valve for better seal with the BBU.
All these where in a TM hi capa I sold a few years back, the gun was firing 430fps.

Wolf
Ah, thank you. I'll look into that.

As for the gun-- I do a lot of testing with airsoft guns. I enjoy learning guns inside and out as well as their limitations. Not only that, a couple buddies of mine have a periodic challenge for airsoft guns. I get to choose the next challenge and I'm thinking of "Build the highest energy pistol."

The criteria I've thought of so far is:
1) No spending limit.
2) Inner barrel must not show.
3) Only electric, spring :)hehe:), CO2, Green Gas, and the other common gases. No HPA rigs :D
4) Any barrel extensions must be no longer than 1.5 times the length of the original stock gun.
5) FPS average is recorded off of 12 shots.
6) Magazine size must be standard capacity.
7) No Mk I/II pistols.

*Bonus points*-- Whoever has the best grouping at 50 feet using 0.43bb's.
Our challenges are quite organized and get pretty competitive :cheers:

If anyone has more suggestions it will gladly be welcomed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.