Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assume you've completed your upgrade plans by now. If so, how is everything holding up and preforming?

As for the cylinder, every stock CA m24 I've seen has a silver one...

·
Registered
890 Posts
I actually stuck with the CA advanced cylinder kit because I wanted to put the 750 into something else. The gun shoots just fine with the PDI cylinder, CA cylinder set, and steel bolt handle (also CA).
Granted I would still like PDI parts I just didn't have the desire to spend that kind of money on my BASR.

PDI is no joke they build quality parts and everything is meant to last. If you want to fully upgrade with PDI you won't be disappointed, but I felt the CA cylinder kit did just fine.

The stock cylinder I got with the gun was black. It might have just been different batches.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, the PDI cylinders are indeed expensive, especially the Palsonite one that I love!:bow: But ditching the PDI cylinder and keeping the CA kit one would save some major $$$. I just hate silver cylinders, but I guess I could get it blued for a fairly cheap price.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it might be worth a try.

Also, I'm having some problems with the safety lever and bolt end cap, they keep unscrewing themselves. In fact, I just removed the safety because it's very clumsy and always disengages itself. The end cap can probably be fixed with some Loctite though.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have a PDI Cylinder in mine and the stock cylinder head that comes with the CA M24 fit fine. This would lead me to believe it would work the other way around.

Loctite is your friend! Just don't use red :)

·
Registered
890 Posts
I removed my safety latch as well on my m24. They just end up getting broken off so I figured I would take it off and save it if I ever wanted to sell it again. I found the main problem with the bolt cap was the lack of loctite and the fact that the ball bearing design wasn't properly executed. I totally mangled the steel bolt handle I bought underneath where the ball bearings were because the tolerances were way to loose.

I now run it without the bearings and just use some string on the inside of the end cap for tension. It doesn't click anymore but it's better then nothing at all.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The first time I tried to rack the bolt it took quite a bit of force to get the handle upright and bolt pull was very rough. Turns out all three springs that put tension on the bearings were different lengths so only one of the bearings had the correct tension, and the other two were just rolling around freely out of their little sockets and bunched on one side near the secure one. So when I tightened the end cap screw, the handle tilted a little making the cylinder rub hard up against the left side of the receiver as I pulled everything back. After I discovered this, I cut all the springs down to the same size and the bearings now have even tension and stay in their correct positions. The handle is no longer crooked and now clicks when rotated, and bolt pull is 98% easier!

Now I just need to take care of that cap screw...

·
Registered
234 Posts
This won't fit unless you have a APS2 cylinder, the M24 has a slightly different design.

Wolf
Read the site.. compatible with Classic Army M24. I even emailed the company and they stated it would work with the stock cylinder on the CA M24.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.