Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

Lately I have been wondering about investing in a couple more mags and or another GBB as a backup. Soon I will be getting a M14 and upgrading it to around 450FPS(hopefully). Current state (ohio) rules say that any gun shooting 450FPS is limited to a 50ft MED. My other gun was in the 390-400 range so I have not had to use my backup that often. When I'm shooting 450 is a GBB really necessary, or will it just be a collectors item like it is now? I'm not sure that i want to invest in a new mag for my M9 if I'm just letting it sit in the holster.

thanks guys

sticks

(mosin: yes i did do a google search and the only good link that came up was from the evike forum, and i personally do not want a noobs opinion :) )

·
Registered
283 Posts
I assume with the M14 you're going to be using it more as a DMR, which is usually based within a squad of guys. So assuming that, you're probably going to have to pull out a side arm every now and again, either because you're within your MED, or you have run out of ammo in your primary.

I would just try using your M14 a little bit, and carry your M9 anyways. See how many times you are in need of using it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a KWA G19 on my side when ever I play. I usually keep 2 extra mags because I have to use it a lot because of FPS regulations. I would suggest you get a cheap GBB with a mag or two, nothing special.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
The only time I don't have one of my sidearms strapped on my side is sometimes while using my PTW, only because I can swap out cylinders so quickly. Other than that, I typically have one of my WA Para Ordnance's in a Kydex holster along with at least 1 spare mag.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Upgrading any AEG past 410 FPS is cruise control for problems IMO. Broken selector switches seem the be the main piece of the pie for that one, following stripped gears, and a few other things.

My advice is just get a tightbore and a PDI 160-170% spring in there, tops. You'll shoot around 380ish and you'll be just about money for closer quarter engagements.

If you think more power = more accuracy & farther distance and crap I can tell you right now you're wrong. My Tokyo Marui M14 shoot exactly 365 FPS on the nose with a .25 and I can make it out to 75 yards with a man sized grouping. The only thing you'll achieve from making it have more power is giving the person on the receiving end a bigger welt to go home with, and that's about it. Maybe a little extra punching power through twigs, but not a significant amount.

Anyways..

If you're going to roll with a hot weapon, I'd say pick up a LPEG AEG, or a cheap pistol. My pistol is worth about $80, and I honestly don't care, because if I'm running full sprint in the woods, and it's lost for good, I can go home saying "Well.. At least it wasn't a $600 pistol (Tex's P226
).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.