Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
i am looking to buy a gbb dmr for a scout sniper role. i am not fond of the bolt action bar 10 i am currently playing with, and am looking to go semi-auto. I am considering a we m14 or a kjw 10/22, both of which i have heard mainly good things about. Upgrades are plentiful for both rifles, so that is not that big of an issue. Any opinions?

·
Registered
24 Posts
One issue you might find is that they can be quite noisy, which could easily give your position away. Although if you're going to be playing as more of a DMR, and therefore presumably in a squad, then this isn't as much of an issue than if you were planning on trying to stay hidden as a sniper.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Buddy you really need to clean up the post! That is just aweful to read.

But like george said.... I would go with the 10/22 if you can find one. If not you could always try and find a WE M4....
They are great little rifles.

·
Registered
292 Posts
IMO, go classic for the cost in mags and the BS of tapping GBBR mags and reloading. Classic mags are not much cheaper but they hold up to 100rnds for JAC/Asahi M4 mags, double the ammo.

If you want something cheap, I have a WE SCAR closed bolt I would be willing to sell with a couple CO2 mags. PM if you are interested.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I am actually thinking of doing this with my WE right now. Would be a fun thing to do. And considering that my local field isn't "huge" would mainly be going for the look of a DMR. The accuracy thing could be worked on and could be worked on to be very nice.

And if you are not wanting to go with tapping the mags, you could always look at the NPAS kit, from RA tech. Ran two mags over the chrono, and was very impressed with the numbers.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Just because a classic can't run 450FPS, per field rules, doesn't mean it can't outperform and you would still retain full-auto and a 30' MED. I hope you don't mean they only shoot in full-auto, they are select fire. Safe-semi-full.

·
Administrator
6,194 Posts
Asahi's can't shoot semi auto only full auto so you'll have to find Kokusai or JAC. I own a Sheriff right now, it's not finished but it's full auto only. And talking for classics the Asahi WA2000 is semi only and it's the best sniper rifle I own and has the best performance I've seen!!!

Wolf

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.