Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if this is the right place, but I didnt see any other place for this.

Ive been watching plenty of the Military Channel lately and love the looks of the MK110's with the big suppressors on them. But AEG's with their fast RoF's just dont seem like good DMr's to me. So I was wondering if anybody could give me any ideas on how to make one or would build me one. Im willing to pay some big bucks for the record. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
I dont know if this is the right place, but I didnt see any other place for this.

Ive been watching plenty of the Military Channel lately and love the looks of the MK110's with the big suppressors on them. But AEG's with their fast RoF's just dont seem like good DMr's to me. So I was wondering if anybody could give me any ideas on how to make one or would build me one. Im willing to pay some big bucks for the record. Thanks!
Just gotta do the semi-auto selector switch mod on it. There is a good write up here to read. The M14 EBR and Mk110 Mod 0 are very closely related in their usage on the field. Either way, that write up will cover both of them as the SR25 is a Mk110 Mod 0. As for the semi-auto selector switch mod, there is a write up for that as well if you search around.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should have been clearer. I dont mean full auto RoF, but I mean Semi auto trigger response. I want some thing crisper and less electrically. And the moving bolt and everything is nice as well.

·
Registered
92 Posts
To my knowledge, no GBB SR25 exists on the market. The only video I've seen is somewhere on YT and probably custom work.
If you want crispy trigger response you could install an AB FET into an AEG SR25.

·
Registered
890 Posts
GBB isn't going to happen on a sr-25. there is absolutely no way to make the magazines hold gas or to have an external line without going to daytona gun kits. Polarstars are the same way but you don't want that either.

AEG's can be made to have a extremely crisp trigger response with the right ratio gears and motor+ mosfet.
That depends on what FPS you want the gun to shoot at as well.
My suggestion is to get a mosfet which replaces the trigger contacts with a circuit board such as a aws raptor mosfet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So say that Im going to get an SR25(maybe a JG) and want to get the fastest/crispest trigger response I can get and want it shooting 450ish and (of course) want the best range/accuracy I can get, what should I get?

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
I blindly opened my first gearbox, and it was a V2. I found a good video on youtube below: V2 Gearbox
This shows the inner workings of the gearbox and EXACTLY how everything works inside there, making it a piece of cake to put it back together. Try it out, you won't be disappointed. Just take your time and you will get it right.
On the flipside, I'll gladly take those old V2 gearboxes off you to work on ;) Most of my AEG's are V2. I specifically go with V2 because they are the most common and easiest to find parts for.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hobobunny-What was the point of that read? because at first if seemed like he was saying that even if you put a ton of time and money into your gun, you will still get an average performance out of it and it will just be called a DMR....then he countinued to start working on the gun, for those average results he's talking about.I personally dont beleive that putting higher quality in my gun will get my gun to be no better than a stock G&G Gr-15.

·
Registered
92 Posts
hobobunny-What was the point of that read? because at first if seemed like he was saying that even if you put a ton of time and money into your gun, you will still get an average performance out of it and it will just be called a DMR....then he countinued to start working on the gun, for those average results he's talking about.I personally dont beleive that putting higher quality in my gun will get my gun to be no better than a stock G&G Gr-15.
If you read it, which you say you did, you would know that it tells you which parts he recommends in a DMR. Mostly, it tells you how to maximize the consistency and efficiency of your gearbox, which is what I believe separates a normal AEG from an AEG DMR.

Some important things vindi spoke of:
feeding issues
AOE
100% Air seal in gearbox and in hopup chamber
Correct Motors
Consistent hopup
Fast trigger response with AB FET

Those are just some topics he covered.

EDIT: vindi says you do not have to use an AR latch if you semi only with an AB FET.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Whoah. That SR25 part at the bottom was not there when I checked the first time...or maybe I just didnt look at the bottom. But regardless, How much worse/better is the range/accuracy of a GBBR (say the AIM SVD) compared to the non-upgraded JG SR25?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.