Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=33981

This looks pretty promising, I found it on another forum, and am thinking about giving these a try. From what I am told about my KJW m9 (just got in trade a month back--has not been used yet), it might have a leaking problem.

Has anyone had experience with these? I am going to place an order soon, and could write up a review on how they work compared to the regular o rings already in my m9 (unless they do not work...wouldn't that be a bias review
).

I am interested to see if it helps with gas efficiency and its ability to prevent leaks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
You know you can just find the right size O-ring at the hardware store and buy a ton of them for a few bucks.
You could also use the hipster method that I utilize and buy size 14 o-rings from a piercing shop at a mall or tatoo parlor(four for a dollar usually). They are surgical silicon o-rings, so they should work as good or better.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rather than start a new thread, I am going to bump this thread up. Recently I have been doing some major work on my m9 mags. I recently grabbed two off of evike and two from another member from another forum. It just so happens all four of them leak. Not to mention, the other two I had leaked as well.

I was able to fix one mag by giving it a silicon bath. Everything seems to be in working order. However, the other five are giving me some problems.

Silicon baths have not been able to solve the problem. I am in need of new o-rings for the majority of them. Rather than buy the ones in the link above, I went to home depot. Unfortunately, I bought a size that was too big. They were the #11 O-rings.

But just wondering what kind of methods you use to solve your gas problems. I have been doing some heavy research for the best method to solve the issue. I have come across a few. I am most likely going to buy some silicon grease along with some new o-rings.

Any other tips/ideas would be helpful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.