Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in NJ and am going to PA to a 40 acre airsofting fusility(woodland). i would just like to know some suggestions of the type of gear i should bring, i'm going to be a sniper with one or two others and we are going to have backup support which would be men with assault rifles, and i will have a side weapon but it's gas and i'll only have 1 mag and i don't there are any high caps for co2 guns, well thank you, and if you have any suggestions please post

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Why would you want a high cap for any gun. They require winding and are just very unrealistic. Most members running a aeg prefer the mid cap magazines. And since you are using a co2 rifle, why don't you buy some of these at this link since I think this is what you are looking for: http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_557&products_id=30371 . Even though its only 30 rounds, what do you expect when buying a co2 gun, a 500 round high cap?

Anyways, here is my suggestion.
-rifle and scope with extra magazines
-secondary or sidearm with extra magazines (mid caps are what I suggest)
-Pouches or vest to carry magazines
-Ghillie suit
-Rubber bands to quickly attach vegetation to your rifle
-If you use a co2 gun, bring extra co2 canisters
-Goggles
-Radio or headset (snipers are not just there for the big shot, but also need to be able to communicate with the squad)
-Map of the field
-Depending if you play at night, maybe a tactical flashlight

Thats just off the top of my head to give you an idea. But I think the most important is having effective camoflauge.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Mids and low are so much better to use.

We go for Mil-Sim up in my area and it is hard to get people to use only mids or lows. All the rifles come with high caps. That and it gets really annoying when you get a new player that insists on holding down the trigger with an M4.

Go with what you are comfortable with using. If you want to use high caps... then you will have to figure some stuff out about keeping them quiet. If you plan to use mids then make your shots count.

And what kind of GBB rifle are you using?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
woogie said:
That and it gets really annoying when you get a new player that insists on holding down the trigger with an M4.
Look on the bright side bud,

They're the wankers that are easy to find, and shoot, in the woods as you can just send a nice well aim shot straight back down the stream of BBs marking his position like a neon light in the dark.

The sooner the full auto queens realise this the sooner they will all convert to semi and mids.......

Good job they're all to stupid for their own good ;)

( hark at me and my elitisum ::) )

·
Registered
251 Posts
Definitely get mids if you can unless you plan to spray and pray.

Hopefully its not like that in NJ; in Hong Kong, we have a large portion of players which does that. But that's because our outdoor fields are pretty small and most only allow 1.2J max. But wow! The sound of a 11.1v lipo-ed AEG firing non stop for 10s is sweet!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.