Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I need to correct my AoE, and I figure I could try and hit two birds with one stone by trying to dampen the sound and impact of the piston head by adding a pad. I saw vinidcareassasin used foam from a mousepad in one of his threads and he said it worked for him, so I looked around to see what I could come up with.

It's been trendy to use Sorbo pads or TPE to do the same thing, and I've heard they both yield good results, but I don't have the time or extra cash to order that stuff - I think I'd sooner just cut up my mousepad like vindi did :)

I came across some of those blue gel insoles you put in your shoes (mighty comfy when I used them at work a few summers ago). Besides being a little dirty, they seem to be completely intact, and I pounded a small section with a hammer for a while to test it and it looked completely unchanged, so the durability seems good enough for the job. The material is softer than TPE but the compression still feels good - it doesn't squish all over the place. Around the arch there is enough thickness to make a 5mm spacer/pad for my piston head. Is this a bad idea?

Also, do I need to cut holes in the pad to match the ones on my piston head?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Just my 2c here... but my battle while i was in Kentucky had an experience with the gel in-soles... after a few ruck marches they actually popped and made a big 'ol mess in his boots after about 2 weeks. The popped around the heel, it was hot (it was the middle of summer in Kentucky *gag*) and we had probably done about 20k in rucking plus the day to day stuff, and they were Dr. scholes; all factors to consider.

But, if you are gonna use the front of the pad i guess it might work? but yeah, I'd say why not give it a shot, its simple and easy to reverse if you have to

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.