Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally getting back into airsoft because I found out at least one of my cousins got a new gun and he was asking about when we are organizing a game again. Even though I am not going to organize one until after I get my driver's permit(my main goal right now, already really late in getting one), I have been working on my SVD since I haven't touched it in months.

Last weekend I fixed all of the wobbling, except on the thingy that hides the hop up, spring, bolt and all that other stuff. I have been also trying to find time to do the teflon tape mod since I finally figured out how to do it.

But, this morning an idea on why my scope never worked, popped into my head, and I just tested to see if I was right. Ends up it wasn't the scope or mount like I thought originally, but the BB's are curving to the right after about 30-50ft, which explains why I couldn't zero in my scope.

I am clueless on how to fix that right now. I am using TSD .28g BB's so I don't know if that could be it, I can't really afford higher weight right now since I need to save for a car.

My other guess, is that I just adjusted the hop up really badly.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Make sure that you hold you gun 100% vertical aligned, because if just a bit turned to right or left, the BBs will fly in that direction, because of the Hop Up, and taht is with every airsoft gun.

If you have tried it out, that you turned you gun all the way aligned, and the BBs still drift in one direction, it could be, that your Hop Up or your barrel is turned a bit in that direction, and you just have totake the SVD appart one time...

If you want to upgrade your SVD fully, i recommend you this shop: airsoftpro.cz

They have everything you need, and for less than 100€ you'll have a full upgraded SVD. ;)

with much greetings
Joey

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, I will take it apart when I get around to it, because thinking about it, I did have problems with my barrel so I might not have aligned the barrel right when I fixed it.

I was also just curious about the co2 conversion kit because it is really hard to pull the bolt back.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Make sure that the nub on your bucking is not off center with the barrel window, if it is that could have a lot to do with your accuracy problems. Also, if don't already, try cleaning your barrel when your are tuning your gun or before you go to the field because a clean barrel can make a world of difference. You should also add an R-hop to your upgrade list as it will drastically improve your accuracy, effective range, and consistency.

·
Registered
94 Posts
And I would not get the CO2 kit for it, spring is better everytime, when you would have saw in the shop i posted for you, there is an extension for the bolt, and it feels just very nice!
with that a friend of me is taking an M180 spring in his SVD, without problems.
He has just every part of this shop in his SVD, and it is one of the best sniper rifles i have ever seen!

WmG
Joey

Reactions: Sumta

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
And I would not get the CO2 kit for it, spring is better everytime, when you would have saw in the shop i posted for you, there is an extension for the bolt, and it feels just very nice!
with that a friend of me is taking an M180 spring in his SVD, without problems.
He has just every part of this shop in his SVD, and it is one of the best sniper rifles i have ever seen!

WmG
Joey
that extension handle makes a world of differeance if your upgrading your spring, i use one to. just remeber to change your sear for a steel one.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the spring is strong enough for now, and I will look into getting the extension at some point. But, can't I just stick a pipe on it or something?

For the co2 conversion, I actually had decided right after posting that I didn't like the idea of it. Didn't realize I would have to take off my scope to be able to change co2 cartridges. Plus I read it gives you 600 fps, and that is like, yeah I don't think I will be using that since I don't want to kill anyone.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I think the spring is strong enough for now, and I will look into getting the extension at some point. But, can't I just stick a pipe on it or something?

For the co2 conversion, I actually had decided right after posting that I didn't like the idea of it. Didn't realize I would have to take off my scope to be able to change co2 cartridges. Plus I read it gives you 600 fps, and that is like, yeah I don't think I will be using that since I don't want to kill anyone.
you probley could use a little 4" bit of pipe, but the stress on the handle wont be even and you might sear it off. the extension bolt clamps all around it

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, spent the last 1-2 hours working on the gun :) Was actually really fun, only got annoying when I was putting everything back together.

I think the problem with curving to the right did have something to do with the alignment of the barrel and all that stuff. While I had the gun taken apart, I decided to do the teflon mod even though I have no idea what exactly it does.

Anyways, I now feel confident in replacing parts if I need to, and I am really happy that I can finally use my scope.. after I readjust the hop up. Only thing I had problems with, was I put the whole trigger thing in wrong and had to take it apart again which only took a few minutes. But, everything is working good now.

Thanks for all the help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.