Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey 6mm snipers, callsign is Rogue Fox and signing in from AZ. Not new to airsoft sniping but getting back into it[this is my 5th go]. I just picked up a lightly used UTG L96

Has the following upgrades-

- Promethues Hard Type Bucking(red)
- Laylax APS2 150 Spring (installed)
- Laylax Type 96 Barrel Spacers
- Laylax APS2 Accuracy Power Cup
- Laylax Type 96 Bearing Spring Guide
- Hexagon Products Hop-Up
- Laylax Type 96 Zero Trigger
- Laylax L96 Cylinder Head
- Laylax APS2 High Pressure Piston
- DB Customs 6.01 Barrel
- Steel Bolt Handle
- ATI Synthetic Mauser K98 stock, hand fitted, stock has been glass filled.
- Harris Bipod
- UTG 3x9/40 or /50 Scope w/ sunshield
- Foam filled supressor w/spacers

Sidearm is some unknown kjw nbb, has a threaded barrel though so I plan on being able to move the supressor between the rifle and pistol.

Currently working on a ghillie that I can connect to the back of my rig

:tup:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I noticed that you didn't mention any form of hop up unit. Does it have an aftermarket hop up unit? You mentioned a Prommy hard but they can't take that bucking stock I don't think...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum! I noticed that you didn't mention any form of hop up unit. Does it have an aftermarket hop up unit? You mentioned a Prommy hard but they can't take that bucking stock I don't think...
To be honest, no idea :nuts:

All the parts were installed when I got it, Ill ask the guy that built it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
HP units take AEG buckings and barrels. They're quite rare, considering how they were available overseas only, and the company went belly up. ASE made a hop up chamber has taken it's place, but isn't much different than the HP. Again, available overseas only.

Rest of the gun sounds quite good. Personally, I prefer cup seal pistons over o-ring seal pistons. Laylax has 2 models of pistons out for L96's, one with an o-ring and one with a cup seal, though I think they stopped producing the o-ring one.

When was the last time you had played the sniper role/worked with any guns? Lots of new parts and ideas have been developed and come out recently, and you may be interested in them, like the R-hop. Perhaps you already know?

Anyways, I'm very interested in seeing pictures of the stock. Welcome!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
HP units take AEG buckings and barrels. They're quite rare, considering how they were available overseas only, and the company went belly up. ASE made a hop up chamber has taken it's place, but isn't much different than the HP. Again, available overseas only.

Rest of the gun sounds quite good. Personally, I prefer cup seal pistons over o-ring seal pistons. Laylax has 2 models of pistons out for L96's, one with an o-ring and one with a cup seal, though I think they stopped producing the o-ring one.

When was the last time you had played the sniper role/worked with any guns? Lots of new parts and ideas have been developed and come out recently, and you may be interested in them, like the R-hop. Perhaps you already know?

Anyways, I'm very interested in seeing pictures of the stock. Welcome!
Last time I played the role of a sniper was around 2010, with an E1 M28.
Heres a picture of the gun as it is now, this is not my picture, it belongs to RdMaul, the original owner of the gun

I plan on changing the paintjob to either tigerstripe or trying out the sponge camo Ive been seeing alot of latley. Next step is to either add a rifle wrap, or put some jute twine along the barrel and front of the scope in a cobra weave[like you see with paracord bracelets] so that I can add veg to it. I still need the l96 threaded adapter to put my supressor on though. Also, Ive heard of R-hop but dont know much about it other than its suppose to provide good range.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
quick question for you guys, what would you value my rifle at in cash? only reason I ask is because my computer Ive had since highschool just went out on me so im playing around with some ideas. Heres an updated list with rough new prices from different stores.

UTG Spec-Ops L96 Rifle 153$
Prometheus Hard Type Bucking(red) 18 $
Laylax APS2 210 Spring 33$
,Laylax APS2 150 Spring (installed) 33$
Laylax Type 96 Barrel Spacers 25$
Laylax APS2 Accuracy Power Cup 24$
Laylax Type 96 Bearing Spring Guide 40$
Laylax Type 96 Zero Trigger, 220$
Laylax L96 Cylinder Head, 30$
Laylax APS2 High Pressure Piston, 50
DB Customs 6.01 Barrel 55$
Guarder Steel Bolt Handle 36$
ATI Synthetic Mauser K98 stock, hand fitted, stock has been glass filled…70$
Harris Bipod, 50$
UTG 3x9/40 or /50 illuminated Scope w/ sunshield, 50$
4x Spare 30rnd mags[5 total] 40$
Complete stock cylinder x2 80$
Backup Steel bolt handle 36$
Hexagon Products Hop-Up heard they were around 30$ new
It also comes with 2 extra stock hopups with all parts included as well as a stock spring

1073 total

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.