Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I did what every sniper eventually seems to do, I purchased a mk23. I doubted very much between the tm and the stti until I realized the stti is just a bit more expensive than a tm mk23 mag. That is why i bought the STTI, to see if I can make it as consistent as the tm and in this thread I'll post what I have done.

Out of the box the STTI does feel cheap, on green gas the fps without silencer was 280 which I found to be disappointing. The accuracy was ok but not good.

The first thing I did was to take it apart and to clean the bucking, lap the barrel add Teflon tape on the bucking this gave me a 10 fps boost and ridiculous accuracy. With 0.28 I shoot +-8cm groupings at 20 m and 25 cm at 35m which for a 40€ replica is amazing. I gutted the banana and filled it with stuffing.

Now I wasn't happy about the fps so I swapped the inner barrel with a 29cm stainless steel 6.03 one I had lying around (lapped). In order to do so I had to remove the little nubs that hold the barrel in place. To compensate this I added Teflon tape on the barrel so that the hop up casing would act as a clamp. I reused the original bucking with some Teflon added to the front as well to get a better seal with the nozzle.

You do have to pay attention not to add to much Teflon as otherwise the hop up will not close properly

I then put some shrink wrap on the nozzle but had to cut out the top part as it kept jamming with my mags.

I added some Teflon tape on the gas feeding rubber thing (not at the bottom, as it will push the rubber up to much and cause jamming).
I drilled out the sights and added the light stick things.

Now it is shooting a consistent 350fps with 0.20 and 295-300 with 0.30, at 20m I had groupings of 5cm and at 35 of 15cm hand held aimed! According to google maps the range I get is between 60 and 65m! I am able to hit a metal plate of about 30cm diameter 4/5 times at 45m. And all of that with almost no sound, I am looking forward to the next game :).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nice post. I'm looking for a TM Mk23 alternative, and now I will consider this one. And about other upgrades? Do you check about that? Cya

·
Registered
9 Posts
Guys, I bough STI just because full gun was in shop only for 40euro and I need second magazine. Yesterday I made teflon tape mode and TDC mode in my Tokyo Marui MK23.
I clean barrel and get Maple Leaf hop up bucking.
I took off STI magazine output valve and i cut off half of bridges on valve.
The results is stunning. On stock barrel just only with STI silencer (this have inside barrel) i take my Tokyo Marui MK23 to [email protected], with Protech Greengas is getting [email protected] so 1.87 Joule.... 0.28g can easy overhop and it falling somewhere on 75m distance. I just start with making this pistol a sniper pistol :D But STI magazines I really recomend :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so in order to get the most out of it and to be able to hit people at long range with the first shot i designed a RIS adapter for the MK23.

i designed so that you have the option to use it without a red dot still able to use the sights. As always the design is availble in shapeways: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/boywithtoys

I am working on a RMR mount with or without sights as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ragazzi, ho comprato STI solo perché la pistola piena era in negozio solo per 40 euro e ho bisogno di un secondo caricatore. Ieri ho realizzato la modalità nastro di teflon e la modalità TDC nel mio Tokyo Marui MK23.
Pulisco la canna e faccio saltare Maple Leaf.
Ho tolto la valvola di uscita del caricatore STI e ho tagliato metà dei ponti sulla valvola.
I risultati sono sorprendenti. Sulla canna di serie solo con il silenziatore STI (questo ha la canna interna) prendo il mio Tokyo Marui MK23 a [email protected], con Protech Greengas sta ottenendo [email protected] quindi 1.87 Joule.... 0,28 g possono facilmente sorpassare e cadere da qualche parte a una distanza di 75 m. Ho appena iniziato a fare di questa pistola una pistola da cecchino, :Dma le riviste STI le consiglio davvero:)
[/CITAZIONE]i did cutoff but nothing changes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts