Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey evrybody, I am currently browsing for options for a ghillie.

I currently have only marpat camo and a battle belt with an H harness I would like to be able to incorporate this into the ghillie

I was looking to find something that could be more of an upper chest with a back that came down to about the back of my knees

I was looking into something like this

http://www.ghilliesuitwarehouse.com/products/Ghillie-Poncho-Tracker.html

(woodland pattern)

I wanted to consult the infinite knowledge of this forum before spending any money

I would love to say that I have the education + patience to make my own but honestly I think I would just be wasting my time and limited budget

so if anybody has any ideas, thoughts, suggestions just please DONT hesitate do post :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Agreed with that, I play in washington forests which is all very green, light to medium shades of brown work the best with natural veg up here. a lot of the store bought greens contrast too much. So environment and natural veg are key. Also the one linked my personal prefereance would be to have something with arms. That one has like 2 feet of material hanging of the arms and will probably get caught on everything if where you play is fairly thick. that is more intended for a "vertical stalk" as opposed to a more creepy crawly approach.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I actually purchased this ghillie (in Tan) from a local player for $20 last season. With a little bit of brown RIT-Dye, Burlap and some scissors I was able to make it into a really nice top.

After dying it using the spray bottle method I cut the arms down to just above the elbows. I then took the netting and jute that used to be the arms and used Twine String to weave them onto the lower back of the suit, extending it about two feet down to my knees.

For $100 plus shipping, I personally would avoid this and spend your money on 1x1' Netting and a few lbs of Brown and Tan Burlap to make your own. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.