Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as I get ready to film my adventures as a sniper, the second teaser has come out to keep my viewers interested and posted. Its about time I started filming, its been years too long of a wait.
Last teaser included the rifle, this teaser is showcasing the gear, and the beloved ghillie suit.

Enjoy, and as usual, if you like what you see, rate, comment and subscribe!
Tell your friends, too!
If you have any suggestions, please tell me!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!
Its about time I started filming, I didn't have my Contour until February.
To try to get the best angles and footage, I think I'll be compiling footage from both my perspective and my teammates perspective, which should be pretty cool.
Thanks for the support guys!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Awesome job bobcat!
I look forward to all of your videos.
I am subbing this thread.

My only suggestion would be more camo to cover the gun all the way down, but I understand why you may not want that.
Keep up the good work and thank you for continuously posting useful information and good threads.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!
I didn't realize until after watching the footage how noticeable the gun was in the parts that lacked burlap (aka parallax adjustment to the stock.) I would have gone out and fixed it, but I had already lost enough sunlight to make a decent video. Also for the gun, I couldn't find the shock cord I usually use for adding vegetation, and I didn't feel like driving to Staples for rubber bands, so I literally just tore holes in the burlap and stuffed it with the roots of the vegetation. I do promise that my gun won't be naked again, thats only for special people :p
Thanks for the input!

·
Super Moderator
3,811 Posts
That's another sub for you. Keep it up.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
So more info on this upcoming local skirmish, I just got back from building some bunkers and stuff. But of coarse, as a sniper, I had my fun of building a little sniper hide. Currently only two people two about it, a teammate and I, and I plan to keep it that way. its made from an old patio type thing, as seen here:

Now you can see on the right end its sagging, thats because its very unstable and no one in the right mind would even attempt to climb that. But I'm a sniper, screw safety, it made an awesome hide. (Thats actually how I got my callsign bobcat a while ago…)
So I put a nice little platform there for me to kneel on, If I went prone there'd be about 1 foot and a half of foliage above me. Even when kneeling only my head is visible. You can see this here:

And how about that view?

Google Earth says the house is roughly 150 feet away, the longest distance I'll be shooting from there is less than 200 feet. Hitting targets will be fairly easy, its staying concealed that will be a challenge.
Sure, this isn't any special sanctioned field made for airsoft, but it's where I got my roots and hey, sometimes its good to go back to the basics. It'll be fun, expect footage and a scope cam!
Thanks for all your support guys, you're the reason I wanted to do this!
Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess this sort of changed into a thread for an upcoming practice/local skirmish. I might as well update you on this.

Due to a change in the location of bases, my hide is now in the middle of the battlefield, making access an concealment a little bit difficult. To counter this, I decided to make several hides across the property so you guys can still get a good video.
One hide is behind a stone wall, theres a small hole for the muzzle to stick out. This hide covers a choke point, will be necessary to block any incoming offensive threats.
Next hide is defensive for our base. Its along an outer tree line. Under one of the pine trees I dug a small belly hide, will be good for defending a base. I have full view of practically everything there.
The last hide of probably one of my favorites… In the middle of the field there is a 150 foot tall pine tree, and I love heights. I climb up maybe around 40 feet off the ground and nailed a plank of wood to two branches to support me. There is a small window of view, but its perfect for thwarting any opposing offense.
And again, this skirmish is local, my team and I live an hour+ away from the nearest field, and we try to play as much as we can. Although its only going to be around 13 people total (5 of us, 8 of them) we're just doing this to stay fresh, have fun, and test out tactics.
Stay tuned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts