Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey , guys

Today i am in need of your experience and thoughts on my next project! My first Home made Ghillie suit. (all previous ones i owned were store bought)
I have got all the "ingredients" i need to make this happen but I'm stuck on what colors i should dye/paint my jute.
I play at a rather green mountain , here is a picture.
I know that most of my suit will be natural vegetation but i need a good base template on which to attach it to . ( The area i play in has less rocks than the one in the picture) Thank you :) .

·
Registered
824 Posts
This is what I would use.
I see your from Greece but if you have a Micheals near you correct me.
This is the company of dye I get from.
http://www.basketsofjoy.com/products/t/dyr-dg-t.jpg
The colors I would get for your area. Dark Green remember changing the ratio of water to dye changes colors. With my experience the colors I made from it was. Of course Dark green all the way down to a really light light green.
The next color I would get would be Dark brown and again change the ratio of water and such.
You can also get tan for the fall months where all the leaves are changing colors.
Hope this answers your question. If you can`t understand me just say and I will rephrase.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its ok , i think most of your points are correct . But luckily ;) the leaves don't change alot in that area because there are very few leafy trees, because most of them are pine and such.
I think i will use the green you suggested because i think it really suits my environment , and of course i will put some dark brown to :). Thanks heaps , now all i have to do is decide on a pattern that will help me blend in!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Pattern isn't important in a ghillie suit as much as color ratios suited to your area. Remeber the whole point of a ghillie suit is to break up your outline and blend in. If you want a pattern you should just go with BDUs

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But pattern does play a role , by that i mean if my arm is Brown, half my chest area is Green and the other half is Tan and my other arm is light green i will stick out. I am asking what ratio of colors should i use for this area ?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Use a base of green. And add the colors. In random places. Just apply how much you like. Just don't make a green bdu turn like tan. This is the ratio I used for my ghillie. 60 percent tan. 20 percent dark brown. 20 green. Remember mines is a desert ghillie. This is what I would use if I were you. 60 percent green. 25 brown. 15 tan.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The area in the photo look familiar.
You move around Athens;
Because the ground is very similar Hymettus.

Do not load very the suit with cloths, leave space for natural vegetation, rocks are hard to fool, and as much natural vegetation have, the more you move unnoticed.

We move in the same environment, and am looking as much shadow as I can.
Even in summer, dark colors work best in the region.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you , yeah i guess i do move around Athens but i play 60% of the time at my friends field ( its less rocky) . Its good for a fellow greek to give some advice since we live in the same environment.

·
Registered
131 Posts
It is my pleasure to be able to help you with anything :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have started construction , i will post pictures later. I am making a green with brown . Its is a very close ratio 3:2 but its looking good. Let me re instate that , that is not the area i play although it is similar i play at a more dense flat location.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.