Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

My name is Bart, after some years of inactivity im back in business with my passion for building ghillie suits. But this time i decided to expand my knowledge to the limit and try a whole new experience in concealment. Before building a suit i tried to consider wich colors fit best for my environment and start experimenting with colors.. in the past i always used burlap jute but i decided to stop with it for simple reason, the smell, when it gets wet it takes forever to dry and its very hot in summer. Instead i prefer raffia bast, its lightweight.Quickly dry and has almost no smell. Also using articical jute beacuse its advantages almost same as the raffia.

My first colors test are standard dye's lime green and dark brown, my goal with this test was to find out of this colors work and than tune them. There are the pics:

Plant Grass Groundcover Grass family Lawn

Grass Grave Cemetery Groundcover Plant

Video about this field test sample

Video about this field test sample 2

As you can see the colors where very bright. After this test i can start with fine tuning ( experimenting ) my colors so i did. This is the result for now:

Hair Plant Wood Twig Rectangle

Plant Grass Terrestrial plant Groundcover Shrub

Plant Flower Terrestrial plant Groundcover Grass

Plant Terrestrial plant Grass Groundcover Trunk

Plant community Terrestrial plant Plant Groundcover Grass

Video about this field test sample

The new modified color tones doing a pretty good job blending in but there are also other pics where you can pick the sample out so i decided to make a new sample with 80,/20% green/brown ratio like this to see wich need to be modified:

Plant Branch Wood Twig Rectangle

Plant Grass Road surface Rectangle Terrestrial plant

Leaf People in nature Botany Grass Red

So the green tones are still to bright for some grassy areas. Now im currently experimenting with mixed color dye's to perfect the green tones.. keep you updated.

You can also find video of this project on youtube if you search " ghillie art design "

Greets,
Bart

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Today i field tested my new green tone color. If you look at the pictures the colors are much better but im still a little bit to bright. I added 2 black white filtered pics to let you see the difference in colors of my sample and the actual grass..

The new modified green tones sample
Plant Rectangle Twig Road surface Grass

Field testing the sample
Plant Terrestrial plant Grass Groundcover Grass family

Plant Grass Road surface Groundcover Flooring

Green Road surface Plant Asphalt People in nature

Plant Road surface Flooring Asphalt Grass

Plant Leaf People in nature Tree Grass

Black white filter pics show the brightness of my sample... Still a bit to bright. Colors Ive made are good be i just need to make 1 tone darker.
Road surface Asphalt Grey Grass Pattern

Road surface Grey Asphalt Tar Grass

So im gonna create 1 darker green tone and field test again...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi people,

Today i finally had the time to test out my new sample with 1 new modified darker green color tone. For me the colors are near perfect for multiple green environments. Tommorow im also will filming some fieldtests in my environmental nature. If this tests are positive i will start building my suit.

Keep you updated.
Plant Grass Terrestrial plant Groundcover Shrub

Plant Grass Road surface Groundcover Rectangle

Plant Land lot Grass Terrestrial plant Groundcover

Plant People in nature Terrestrial plant Grass Groundcover

Plant Leaf Grass Terrestrial plant Groundcover

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Today i tested the new modified colors in my environmental nature with these results:

YouTube link: video

Plant Terrestrial plant Grass Groundcover Flowering plant

Plant Terrestrial plant Evergreen Groundcover Grass

Grass Groundcover Terrestrial plant Wood Soil

Plant Terrestrial plant Groundcover Grass Flowering plant

Plant Flower Terrestrial plant Evergreen Groundcover

Plant Flower Terrestrial plant Groundcover Grass

Plant Terrestrial plant Groundcover Shrub Grass

Plant Terrestrial plant Groundcover Grass Grass family

The colors are almost near perfect but bit to dark this time.. I just want to explain that the purpose of this field tests with different greens is to find greens that can be used on multiple green environments ( dark green tropical and more light green woods ) and be effective at very short distance like 1 meter. All my picture's are taken from 1 to max 5m distance.

Keep you all updated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts