Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm trying to build a scout rifle. So far, i've done some modifications like jbwelding the rail to the outer barrel. I'm wondering if anyone has successfully attached a set of sights to the vsr, not counting the pro sniper which comes with them. I've done some research and looked at a couple of sights, but I still am at a loss to what will really work. Any advice would be appreciated! I'm looking to get a set of ironsights onto the front of the barrel (front sight) and the area where the rail screws into the receiver (rear sights).

Thanks

·
Registered
571 Posts
Why not just JB-Weld the ghost sites on? You already did it for the rail. Last I looked there weren't any specifically made for the VSR barrel. You may be able to find an old shotgun and salvage the sights from that as a better first option.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I managed to find a set of real steel Remington M700 sights. I will attempt to screw the rear sight into the slot on the receiver. I don't know if I have the capability to drill and tap the outer barrel, so I probably will end up jbwelding it instead. My build is based upon booligan's, but i have some differences. For example, I'm probably not gonna hydro dip my gun, as it's not in the budget. I'll probably spray my barrel area tan and the stock green. Also, i plan to pretty much gut the entire internals and replace them w/ laylax parts.

Part List
Laylax Zero Trigger and Pistol
Laylax Teflon Cylinder
Laylax Spring Guide
Laylax 170 spring
Nineball purple bucking
Laylax 303mm inner barrel

I think i've covered just about everything, but any other recommendations would be great.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Yeah just a plane Eotech, then if you wanted the mag you could always add one later on down the line.

I just know that trying to get everything exactly straight is going to be a hard task, espically since the outer barrel can rotate a little bit on you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.