Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
ESS and Locust are nice, I personally spared no expense and bought an ESS Turbofan as well as a Land-Ops and NVG and my favourite currently is the Turbofan. They are a little on the expensive side but these are my eyes I'm protecting soooo.... (mesh is a no-no at all of the fields I play at)

I've heard good things about the low-profile Bolle goggles, G&P makes a couple good ones but I would rather go with ESS/Locust/Bolle.

I did see something called a Flakjag that was relatively cheap and seemed to mimic the Locusts but don't quote me on that.

Just remember these are your eyes and you only get 1 set, so don't be cheapskate and buy that Chinese un-rated $5 pair. Get high-quality ones preferably mil-spec rated and remember ANZI rated is a must.

Edit: If you don't play in a dusty/extreme humid environment peel off the foam that sits on top of the goggles to allow for more ventilation.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Arena Industries Flakjak...it's what I use right now, and if you're not around the budgest of ESS and Revision, its the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Honestly the only eye-pro I've found that doesn't fog no matter what are oakleys. If you need full seal, they have the wind jackets or the seal kit for the split jackets. I personally use flak jackets most of the time.

Plus you can quick change lenses in all the nodels i listed if need be. My flak jackets have clear and black lenses.

·
Administrator
6,201 Posts
I'm using the ESS Profile Turbofan and I love them, even on extreme conditions if you use the fan as it should you won't have fogging problems.

Also on the price, ask your self how much your eyes cost?
If you bleed, the wound will heal, if you break a tooth you'll go to the dentist, but what will happen if you hit your eye??
Save from somewhere else and buy something good for eye protection.

I've thought about Oakley M-frame but many people stated the safety isn't very good and they have pretty big gaps for bbs to pass!

Wolf

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have the revision goggles and they're great. The only problem is that when I wipe the sweat, they get smudged. But I guess that would happen with any goggles if you have dirty fingers from being prone all the time. But no fogging.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I use a pair of Arena Flakjacks and they work great but I have 2 annoying problems with them.

One is they fog A LOT unless there is a constant breeze (which I rarely get because I'm lying on the ground most of the time to either stalk or to keep hidden) or unless you take out the vents they have on the top and bottom. Taking out the vents makes them a WORLD better but they aren't technically full seal then and you should still keep anti fog with you because fog will build back up after a while.

Two is that the gap they make for your nose is VERY skinny and therefore is awkward to wear on your face because:
1: They sit quite high up on your face and get in the way of whatever hat or hood you are wearing and also therefore block the top vent because your hat covers it with little to no gap for air flow.

2: They are generally wide goggles so if you have a smaller face you have to spend some time trying to get them to mold around the outside of your eyes.

If you can deal with those 2 problems then Arena Flakjacks are a GREAT deal for the amount they cost. I bought mine for $20 bucks and still have em' after two years without any problems of them wearing down.

Personally I'm planning on investing in getting an ESS TurboFan because EVERYONE I've talked to who has owned them loves them. They all highly recommend them. They also should solve both the fogging and "full seal" problem I currently have. Like Peyote said you only have one pair of eyes and I'll pay good money for a pair of goggles that protect them and don't fog when I need to make that key shot.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I bought a pair of Revision Desert Locust Goggles off of ebay 3 years ago, they have held up ever since. they are sturdy and can most deffinetly take a hit. I did have some serious problems with fogging after multiple hours of play; I sweat alot, just how I do.
So I installed a micro fan kit that I also purchased from ebay, you have to put it togther yourself, but it's an excellent system. The fans were 7.5mm squares and I installed them on the inside of the goggle frames using wire that comes with those sandwhich baggies, powered by 3 AAA bats, the system doesn't weigh alot. I mounted the battery pack on the back of the head strap using elctical tape. All my fogging problems have dissolved into thin air.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I use both ESS V12 and Revision Asian Locust.

Both are great pairs of goggles. As for fogging, all goggles will fog no matter what. Its always a combo of things to minimize it. I use Fogtech and a large CPU fan on my vest that blows air towards my head.

The V12 is alittle better since the sides can open (around 4mm-6mm) to let air flow.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
swordfish1227 said:
Honestly the only eye-pro I've found that doesn't fog no matter what are oakleys. If you need full seal, they have the wind jackets or the seal kit for the split jackets. I personally use flak jackets most of the time.

Plus you can quick change lenses in all the nodels i listed if need be. My flak jackets have clear and black lenses.
We have a winner. I love my HalfJackets to death. The quick change lense system is great, and there are a ton of lenses available for them. I have the factory tinted ones and a clear set.

I do however recommend you get the XLJ style lenses. and if you can find a pair, get the military issue ones. The matte black frame is hawt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.