Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, My local fields don't allow mesh ANYTHING. I usually use anti-fog glasses with a Shemagh. The only problem with that is they FOG. A LOT, from my breath. I have tried many ways of tying it but it still fogs. I have used the spray and it still fogs. I don't want really bulking goggles like the rest of my team has, because i hate anything bulgy on my face. I was wondering if swimming goggles worked/held up and I also wanted to know what you guys run (incuding your full face mask). Where i airsoft is generally in the sun with the only shade from some bunkers. And it can be anywhere from 105 degrees to 50 degrees here in Northern California until we decide to stop playing. Thanks.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Try Fogdoc.. that stuff is worth its weight in gold.
Or try the old divers secret of using dish soap.. works pretty good and is really cheap!

Reactions: OneShot-SWAG

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wash it with dish soap? or is there more to it. I'm going out this weekend so i might try that.

·
Registered
527 Posts
There is a bunch of cargo-science about defogging lenses, and I can not make out what works.

Worse, since I switched to ESS, my lens is crystal-clear; glasses started fogging though.

The original poster may have to switch to something larger with a fan. The shemagh might also be trapping heat in a bad way.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lately i have just been playing with glasses, because i tend to lay back out of range of most. I have others on my team that are getting upset because their goggles have been fogging, and they all use shemagh. We have tried some different face wraps and stuff but they just push our breath up. A few of us even have military anti-fog goggles that still fog, even with the anti fog vents and the special plugs to keep you breath off the goggles.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm in oklahoma where 100 and 60-70% humidity is common for the summer. I have small profile goggles that don't vent well and rarely have fog issues. Like mentioned before the secret is dish soap. Dawn is what I use but I imagine any good thick soap with work. I just apply the soap, undiluted, to the lens with a micro-fiber cloth and just keep rubbing it almost like polishing the lens. I usually end up with a few streaks but its definitely better than fog. A single application will last at least a 1 1/2 - 2 hour game most of the time. If you get sweat running on the lenses it'll wash the soap away quicker but there's ways to keep the sweat outta your goggles so that's not too big of an issue. On the field if you fog up and don't have anything better, spit works short term.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I find ESS V12's work pretty well since the side vents are pretty unobstructed. But I recommend Fogtech. I have been using it in wet wipe form and its keeping my goggles defogged for an 8 hr day.

The wet wipe is alittle of a waste since you have to keep the solution from evaporating off the wipe after you open the package. I believe there's a spray bottle version of it.

Otherwise, DIY a fan to put on your vest using computer fans. Works like a charm

·
Registered
65 Posts
Try Fogdoc.. that stuff is worth its weight in gold.
Or try the old divers secret of using dish soap.. works pretty good and is really cheap!
Actually, you want to put a thin film of J&J Baby Shampoo on the lens, rinse the lens but don't wash off the soap, let it dry and you should be good to go. Divers today use various other anti-fog sprays, but I found baby shampoo worked well and was quite cheep. (I'm a retired SCUBA instructor so I can tell you this works).

Reactions: OneShot-SWAG

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Exept my field won't count those as full seal goggles.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just tried the dawn soap, and it works fairly well, I like it. It makes things kinda duzzy if your close to them, and yeah. But it's better then not seeing because of fogging. I hope to try the baby soap later tonight.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I just tried the dawn soap, and it works fairly well, I like it. It makes things kinda duzzy if your close to them, and yeah. But it's better then not seeing because of fogging. I hope to try the baby soap later tonight.
If they are a bit fuzzy try polishing them more with a micro fibre cloth. Sometimes I use a second cloth after the initial polish so that it is soap free.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.